02 boxxers or 06 drop offs or 05/6 Manitou Stance Kingpins

PB Forum :: Downhill
02 boxxers or 06 drop offs or 05/6 Manitou Stance Kingpins
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:05 Quote
gnarkore wrote:
boxxer!

Drop offs tend to top out, break, and just generally not feel so good.

If you give me an idea of your budget i could probably find you a better deal on a newer fork that will out perform both,

But out of the 2 i say boxxer its more reliable, stronger, feels nicer.

£70

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
theres somebody selling a boxxer on here for about £45. look the the triple clamp section in scotland.

i would still have the drop off though. I do in fact and i had the choice of those, boxxers, shivers and manitou fork.

theyre really easy to service, easy to maintain, cheap and, above all, they perform well.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
tomcat45 wrote:
actuly im a emo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao jk
leave my stuff alone and go annoy some one else

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:14 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
theres somebody selling a boxxer on here for about £45. look the the triple clamp section in scotland.

i would still have the drop off though. I do in fact and i had the choice of those, boxxers, shivers and manitou fork.

theyre really easy to service, easy to maintain, cheap and, above all, they perform well.

can you make a link please

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
actually, no. I just had a look and theyre not there anymore so im guessing his ad ran out of time or he removed it.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
id never use drop offs again i've snapped 3 pairs!! doing freeride, street & downhill

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
boxxers everytime
had 06 drop offs and they bent, not good.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
oli616 wrote:
boxxers everytime
had 06 drop offs and they bent, not good.

really? how did your 03 boxxers ride then?

Im assuming that youve ridden both forks and have compared their performance and found that the boxxers wouldnt have bent in the same conditions, otherwise how could you possibly comment.

and downhiller 15. what bikes did you have these drop offs on? i had a look at your photos and couldnt see any. seems a bit strange that you would have bought a third set after you had snapped two already.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:25 Quote
i was thinkin drop off to start but iff they all break ill go with boxxers

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
downhill1409 wrote:

they dont all break mine havent. lots of peoples havent. some people in this thread claim to have broken forks that i dont believe they ever had in the first place, just so they can join in with the haters and pretty soon they will tell us all how the fork they have now is so much better, just so they can tell us what fork they have now.

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:34 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
downhill1409 wrote:

they dont all break mine havent. lots of peoples havent. some people in this thread claim to have broken forks that i dont believe they ever had in the first place, just so they can join in with the haters and pretty soon they will tell us all how the fork they have now is so much better, just so they can tell us what fork they have now.
ill take that into consideration

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:35 Quote
i did completly thrash my drop offs tho & have snapped z1 bombers, marzocchi mz comps, Jr t's & some old manitou xc forks lol

i've had boxxers to tho and they were WAY better than any marzocchi's for strengh part from my dirt jumper 2's lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
oh & i burst the seals on my drop offs aswell but that was doing a 20ft huck lol

Posted: Sep 11, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
downhill1409 wrote:
xcrisx wrote:
downhill1409 wrote:

ill take that into consideration

Like i have run 2003 and 2004 drop offs on various bikes - and to be honest they are a good, reliable fork

i recently had some boxxer 151`s and they were phenomnal for a 2000 fork

I have also ridden a good few bikes with boxxer 03, 04 on them - and i think personally for me - they out performed the Drop offs - ONLY - on much more rougher DH tracks = eg - Fort william

Both forks are good performers - it is down to personal choice

I mean how many Dcent bikes come standard from the factory with Drop offs already on... they aint a world cup DH fork - but they can handle drops and most UK downhill

which ever fork you get - enjoy the ride and maybe upgrade/change after biting the bullit

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013856
Mobile Version of Website