►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
Posted: Aug 16, 2013 at 7:31 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
ibisrox wrote:
Just confirmed my order for a custom Manson MA-1with a WRC Blue Carbon fibre finish, M1N1 KAOSS pad, sustain control, neck pickup with HB and a single coil PU's, locking tuning dials on a carbon fibre headpiece and a birds eye maple neck with Black rosewood fretboard.
Sounds mad complicated. I would have been jealous enough if you said you were ordering a regular MA-1. That's rad man.
on a different not so complicated note, really tempted by an ibanez rg at the moment. (with more pickups than this, but it's still rad) Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://31.media.tumblr.com/100ca4bbb2dcdb5a5b9d5fbe7a8873f1/tumblr_mrdo42wjmb1sq32r9o1_500.jpg

That's a nice prestige, awesome guitars. If you can get a mahogany bodied one do it! I have one and its heavier than my les Paul lol. Awesome guitars, although careful on pick ups.

Posted: Aug 16, 2013 at 22:45 Quote
A musicians thread you say ?

Any suggestions for a high sound quality acoustic 12 string ? And strings as well ?

I've got a Washburn that doesn't sound half bad that I got as a gift many years ago, but I'm afraid it's finally starting to wear down and become a wall fixture. Too many memories with her to throw it away.

I played a 12 string not too long ago, and for some reason it just sounded.... Good, I loved it, but I can't remember what brand or what strings were on it.

I played Bass, percussion (snare) and a little bit of sax and trumpet through highschool, bass and acoustic are the only two that I've kept though.

Posted: Aug 16, 2013 at 23:06 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
A musicians thread you say ?

Any suggestions for a high sound quality acoustic 12 string ? And strings as well ?

I've got a Washburn that doesn't sound half bad that I got as a gift many years ago, but I'm afraid it's finally starting to wear down and become a wall fixture. Too many memories with her to throw it away.

I played a 12 string not too long ago, and for some reason it just sounded.... Good, I loved it, but I can't remember what brand or what strings were on it.

I played Bass, percussion (snare) and a little bit of sax and trumpet through highschool, bass and acoustic are the only two that I've kept though.

Is it not a option to get your Washburn sorted? Refretted? You could upgrade the nut and pegs for increased sustain, brighter tone etc?

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 7:08 Quote
I've thought about it, but it's a $160 guitar that I got for Christmas when I was 12.

If I'm going to spend money I'd like a 12 string, but I'll look into refreshing it.

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 10:21 Quote
My dad has a beautiful takamine, but it came with a hefty price tag.

Posted: Aug 17, 2013 at 19:37 Quote
Ahh.. I'm looking for a bang for your buck.

I'm prepared to break the wallet, but not completely. Now that I'm out of school and I only play/sing on camping trips, I'm beginning to wonder if I should just give the Washburn a makeover.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 20:16 Quote
If I was in your case, I'd look around for a quality used guitar. Get past the bit of the break in period, but score a good playing guitar.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 20:32 Quote
Well shit. I never even thought about a used guitar.

I owe you a beer.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 20:35 Quote
Bmxerch wrote:
Well shit. I never even thought about a used guitar.

I owe you a beer.

Well, I'm currently drinking a Golden Pheasant. Definitely worth trying if you can find it in your province.

Posted: Aug 21, 2013 at 21:54 Quote
Also, I'm looking to buy either an acoustic or acoustic-electric. I actually have never owned my own acoustic as my dad and sister have always had one I could play, but I live away from home now. Should I stay away from the lower end Yamaha acoustic electrics? I don't play shows, I'm just slowly getting back into guitar, just looking for something to play besides my electric when I'm chillin at home. Other brands worth looking at for lower end models?

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 2:53 Quote
tyler-durden wrote:
Also, I'm looking to buy either an acoustic or acoustic-electric. I actually have never owned my own acoustic as my dad and sister have always had one I could play, but I live away from home now. Should I stay away from the lower end Yamaha acoustic electrics? I don't play shows, I'm just slowly getting back into guitar, just looking for something to play besides my electric when I'm chillin at home. Other brands worth looking at for lower end models?

Dunno what lower end models they have, but I love my acoustic electric washburn (WD 10SCE). Mid range i guess. They seen to have great guitars for the price, but you might have to go used.

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 10:13 Quote
After a little search, Washburn WD10s seems to be the way to go, and there are cheap blem models on ebay. Just going to stop by a shop to see how it plays before I pull the trigger.

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 13:17 Quote
tyler-durden wrote:
After a little search, Washburn WD10s seems to be the way to go, and there are cheap blem models on ebay. Just going to stop by a shop to see how it plays before I pull the trigger.

Nice, I love mine and the sound is amazing to me. Hopefully you have the same opinion!

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
According to Washburn it's their best selling guitar, so I assume there is a good reason behind that

Posted: Aug 22, 2013 at 14:26 Quote
What strings are you guys using on your acoustics ?

I'm picking up a capo and I might just have a go with new strings.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011040
Mobile Version of Website