►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
Posted: Apr 28, 2014 at 5:37 Quote
I went to see Rick Wakeman play through Journey to the Centre of the Earth on the weekend. As well as playing some great keyboards, he also told some hilarious jokes; he's quite a character.

Any prog rockers here? My favourite prog bands are Gentle Giant, Ozric Tentacles and echolyn.

Posted: May 2, 2014 at 6:02 Quote
Gentle Giant are rad man.
Saw Focus a few months ago, that was quite an experience.

Posted: May 11, 2014 at 22:15 Quote
My new toys
USA Fender FrenkansStrat! USA Hiway 1 Body, Bill lawrence pups, 80' Squire maple fret neck.
Guitars
Fender strat MiM, upgrated with Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s pups
Guitars
Squire Telecaster Classic Vibe 50's Butterscotch Blonde.
Guitars

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 9:12 Quote
I just bought a Peavey Valveking 212 for £140. Cabinet had a crack and rest of the exterior is a bit ropey but supposedly works well. Did I do good or was it a bad choice?

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 16:32 Quote
I have the 112 and its pretty nice, the 212 is better/has more adjustments as well as the extra speaker. For some amount of time I plugged the peavey into the marshall cab and it sounds great! Sorry I cant say much about the price you got it for I forgot how much I paid.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 16:41 Quote
Reading up about it people seem to rate them quite well. I'll tell you guys what's up when it comes.

Posted: May 12, 2014 at 17:09 Quote
Ive heard some people say they sound kind of thin and not as full as they expected. But like most all amps you can tweak it to sound however you want if it doesn't live up to your expectations.

Posted: May 14, 2014 at 11:16 Quote
Finished a string of upgrades on my Jackson copy. Blue LED underglow beneath the pickups, Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge position and some Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms. Close ups are available of the underglow and wiring for anyone who asks. The combination of the pickup and new string gauge has been insane on helping me with technical parts I couldn't play well before.

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 6:44 Quote
dbxrace wrote:
Gentle Giant are rad man.
Saw Focus a few months ago, that was quite an experience.

Get on, Focus are great!

Posted: May 17, 2014 at 17:32 Quote
Cynic > focus.. is rad.

Smile

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 9:13 Quote
dmadness wrote:
Cynic > focus.. is rad.

Smile

That is a great album.

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 9:14 Quote
CameronRose wrote:
Finished a string of upgrades on my Jackson copy. Blue LED underglow beneath the pickups, Seymour Duncan Invader in the bridge position and some Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottoms. Close ups are available of the underglow and wiring for anyone who asks. The combination of the pickup and new string gauge has been insane on helping me with technical parts I couldn't play well before.
wow neon pickups, that is awesome!

Posted: May 19, 2014 at 17:30 Quote
Thanks man, just something that came to me really.

Close up:

Posted: May 21, 2014 at 9:22 Quote
What's powering those?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013675
Mobile Version of Website