►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
Posted: Oct 9, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
tunes.. great zztop cover by a great player

Posted: Oct 11, 2017 at 19:05 Quote
tuning to drop d is the easyest thing possible, i dont understand why this is a task ?

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 1:50 Quote
I play in c tuning lol

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 at 15:44 Quote
its not a task its just that im lazy

Posted: Oct 21, 2017 at 11:08 Quote
i hear ya, we are all lazy to some extent, I play drop A often on my electric ( 7 string ) but usually i b standard on electric and drop D or e standard on my acoustic. I play mostly metal influenced stuff on my electric and finger stye stuff on the acoustic.. have tried C tuning beforre, need heavyer guage string set to sound decent IMO as with standard guage too much flubber in the notes, not enoigh string tension. I have a .72 guage on my B string on the 7 sting, anything lower sounds too flubbery, next axe I get will either have a reverse headstock for better tension on the low register or will be a multi scale.
Salute

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 7:42 Quote
Oh yea this thread!!

Quick update on my music life
I play guitar and trombone in a ska punk band called Checkered Past and moved in with the bass player in October. If we ever get some decent recordings I will let you folks know. If you have facebook you can follow us there!

http://facebook.com/checkeredpastskapunk

Other than that I ordered one of those DIY pedal kits to try my hand at a simple volume boost pedal. It's in the post!

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 8:54 Quote
Must resist Ibenaz jem Steve Vail edition....Need to be responsible and buy car

Also im going to replace the strings on my acoustic, always been a big fan of D'Addarios but am curious to try other stuff? Any recommendations?

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 8:56 Quote
bikeordie2772 wrote:

Also im going to replace the strings on my acoustic, always been a big fan of D'Addarios but am curious to try other stuff? Any recommendations?

you mean that passion&warfare guitar?

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 8:58 Quote
fullbug wrote:
bikeordie2772 wrote:

you mean that passion&warfare guitar?
no idea what your talking about but this is the guitar http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez/JEM-UV-Steve-Vai-Signature-Electric-Guitar.gc

Posted: Nov 6, 2017 at 9:03 Quote
i know that jem model. i thought you might be lusting for his 25th anni p&w guitar. it runs about $7k i think.
photo

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 9:27 Quote
the guitar is amazing but 7K????

Posted: Nov 7, 2017 at 9:30 Quote
agreed. it's still just a stick with wires..hehe. i'd put money into a custom amp and spend a few hundred on lollars pu instead.

Posted: Jan 18, 2024 at 9:54 Quote
I used to play drums through most of the 80's punk/alternative stuff out of eastern WA. I moved to Seattle in '91 and recorded demo tapes for some of the local bands on my 4-track as well as supplied sound in some of the small clubs. Haven't played in a long time, but still have my drums, a guitar (I'm a hack) and bass but no time to do anything with them......maybe one day.

Posted: Jan 20, 2024 at 23:38 Quote
MrHyak wrote:
I used to play drums through most of the 80's punk/alternative stuff out of eastern WA. I moved to Seattle in '91 and recorded demo tapes for some of the local bands on my 4-track as well as supplied sound in some of the small clubs. Haven't played in a long time, but still have my drums, a guitar (I'm a hack) and bass but no time to do anything with them......maybe one day.
Dude what bands did you play in? I love old eastern Washington punk history being from the area. We just got our old venue rays golden lion in Richland back again.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015394
Mobile Version of Website