►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
►The Pinkbike Musicians Group ♪ ♫
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:16 Quote
Yeah man, but it will turn around again..

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:18 Quote
Boom and bust... and boom... and bust.
Gotta love the economic cycle.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:21 Quote
Just finished uploading the pics, you can see them on the previous page.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:22 Quote
Methinks thatll be a while. For us younger people anyway. Now clubs have got this excuse they arnt going to want to let it go for a while. Even when the financal situation is gettin better. Same as alot of shops have put there prices well up.. even when things are "sorted" i dont suppose they're gonna put prices back down for AGES.

We wanted paying... it was hard to find gigs before...

Now were prepared to do it for free... And its even harder to find a gig.

What a world Rolleyes

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 18:49 Quote
SpikeX wrote:
You sir, have an EPIC setup. I'm mad jealous.
How are you liking those skinz?

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 19:20 Quote
I play bass guitar. I have a red Ibanez GSR200 with a Marshall MB15 amp. I've always wanted to play in a band and came reeeeally close in the 6th grade, but we never had time to practice so we fell apart. I kinda want to get an electric guitar just to mess around on.

EDIT: I own only a bass and a piano. I can play bass, piano, guitar, and drums.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 20:28 Quote
I'm in on this for sure!

I play guitar, bass, drums, harmonica, piano, and banjo.

You can take a look at my profile to see my gear and some videos of my music.

I'm far too lazy to post it right now haha. Maybe I'll post it later on.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 22:23 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
SpikeX wrote:
You sir, have an EPIC setup. I'm mad jealous.
How are you liking those skinz?

Thank you! I'm very lucky to have a father who loves music.

As for the heads, I like the ones one the snare batter and the kick batter (both Remo PowerStroke 3 Coated), but I don't really like the Pinstripe Coated ones on the toms (which is one of the reasons why I'm getting other ones - PowerStroke 3 for the toms and an Emperor X for the snare batter to try something new). The Pinstripe Coated are not bad heads by all means, but just not my taste. They have too much ring and they're too bright for the music I play (different types of rock).

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
i play the drums, my set isnt as epic as unhallowed but its ok, its pretty much a jazz set that i got when i was 5 and played on it since, but recently i convinced my mommy and pappa to get a electric one and its sooo friggin fun, you can make every thing sound so cool, and i can custom record words and set it as a drum so my snare can yell penis when i hit it lol.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 23:43 Quote
spike-emperors are awesome. I rocked those for a little bit. Right now I have some super cheap-o heads on everything though.
eric-my blue toms are from a 1982 pearl valencia jazz kit. oldschool jazz kits are uber boss. as for electronic drums... I'm not really a fan, they don't have good feedback or feel for me. they feel really dull and unresponsive. Even the expensive mesh head kits are less than impressive imo.

Posted: Sep 12, 2009 at 23:54 Quote
Mint idea for a thread.

I play Bass, Electric Guitar, bit of Piano and gonna start learning the Double Bass. I love music and i am the bassist for a band. I have an Aria STB Jazz bass. Can't wait till i start learning the Double Bass tup

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 0:01 Quote
I'm Mitchell and I play bass and do vocals, I own a 2002 Squier 20th Anniversary P-Bass that is set up to perfection, at the moment, I don't have a bass amp so I make due with my dad's mid 70's Sunn Beta Lead 100 watt 2x12 which you may remember from Nirvana's "smells like teen spirit". I have been trying to put together a band for a little over a year now and think that I may finally have found the right guys. I'll post pics of my gear later as I don't have any pics right now. I have a jam room in my basement complete with 2 guitars (a 1971 Gibson SG Deluxe with Stereo output and a 1989 Gibson U2), my bass, 2 Sunn Beta Leads, a Supro Statesman from 1964, a drum kit, and a mic

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 0:11 Quote
Unhallowed wrote:
spike-emperors are awesome. I rocked those for a little bit. Right now I have some super cheap-o heads on everything though.
eric-my blue toms are from a 1982 pearl valencia jazz kit. oldschool jazz kits are uber boss. as for electronic drums... I'm not really a fan, they don't have good feedback or feel for me. they feel really dull and unresponsive. Even the expensive mesh head kits are less than impressive imo.

Yeah, the Emperor X is extremely popular for rock snare.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 1:37 Quote
I play a Ibanez s470 Wink

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 2:54 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
Maybe I'll post it later on.
Views: 812    Faves: 8    Comments: 27
Wink

Im pretty classical...play mainly orchestras and bands on the bassoon!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009531
Mobile Version of Website