I need advice people!!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
I need advice people!!!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
Alright guys. I am bikeless right now and not too happy about it. I am in the process of saving for a new steed but that's where my problems arise. I am a musician and I can only afford one bike. The most I will drop generally is about 6 feet. I like steeps and general technical gravity stuff but I'm not a downhiller by any means. I will also use this bike for general trail riding with my friends that are too pussy to hit fun stuff. As to weather it's used or not depends on my patience for saving money. From what I'm seeing the Specialized SX trail or the Bottlerocket is my best choice but I would like some different opinions. Let me know what you think.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:17 Quote
how much do you have to spend and do you want only new or will you consider 2nd hand?

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:33 Quote
I would consider a 2nd hand bike ridden by someone that had a clue how to treat it. Like I said how much I'm willing to spend really depends on my patience. I hoping to save around 3000 canadian.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:39 Quote
you sound like your in the same situation as me! (minus the bikless bit!)
i am looking at the following

- scott voltage fr
- sx trail
- rocky moutain slayer ss
- trek scratch
- commincal min dh
- marin quake

however i am only looking new. but theres a few to look at

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:41 Quote
Have you looked into the reign X? I heard they pedal like a xc bike but it has 6.7" travel (I think) in the rear. I think it's a legit bike.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
how could i forget about the regin x!

i currently ride a standard regin, and its sweet! pedels amazing on the uphills, but has taken everything i have thrown at it. i can only imagine the new regin x would be even better

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:46 Quote
It seems to me that Specialized has the best bang for your buck. I've heard nothing but good stuff and they seem to throw a lot in for a decent price. If I went used I would seriously consider a bottlerocket. I haven't looked into Giant's stuff because they don't have a lot of distribution in Edmonton. The bike shop I like carries a lot of Specialized and Rocky stuff.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 14:49 Quote
Take a look at a quake i have ridden a reign and i found them very good ride but i found the quake was a bit more less twitchy at high speed. possibely if u can and you do have a bike shop with lots of giants possibley try to see if u can gettt a test ride i think the marin quake is really underestimated thou great bike

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
oli345 wrote:
Take a look at a quake i have ridden a reign and i found them very good ride but i found the quake was a bit more less twitchy at high speed. possibely if u can and you do have a bike shop with lots of giants possibley try to see if u can gettt a test ride i think the marin quake is really underestimated thou great bike

Dude I just took a look at the Quake 7.9. That thing gives me a big ol' stiffee. I'm gonna have to look into prices on that.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:04 Quote
Hahah the quake 7.9 in cannda would proberly be around 5200 i think Lol im not sure but yer ummm check out the 2nd hand market the bearings also have lifetime warrrnety Razz

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:06 Quote
Definitely look into the commencal mini dh, I love mine.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
oli345 wrote:
Hahah the quake 7.9 in cannda would proberly be around 5200 i think Lol im not sure but yer ummm check out the 2nd hand market the bearings also have lifetime warrrnety Razz

Yeah being a musician is a bloody curse sometimes. Always poor. I'll probably go with the SX because the local shop has them marked down to about 2900.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:20 Quote
Ahhh well U proberly enjoy being a musication my freinds traing to be a music teacher Razz

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:24 Quote
oli345 wrote:
Ahhh well U proberly enjoy being a musication my freinds traing to be a music teacher Razz

I love playing music man. It's a gift. but It's not the most profitable industry to be a part of. Unless you sell your soul to satan. Even then it's not guaranteed you will come out the other side with lot's of money. Riding is my necessary escape from music.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013076
Mobile Version of Website