Dj/street frame choice ? help plz

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Dj/street frame choice ? help plz
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 4:35 Quote
hey im lookin at getin a new frame as i dont like the feel and look of my 08 norco 125 frame. im looking for something light,durable and strong. id also prefer it to have mtb bb instead of bmx and it will also need to have size 27.2 seat post. if anyone can give me advice on links as to what they think will be suitable for me i would much appreciate it. just some extra points- i will b mainly riding dirt jumps and street but will do the occasional light downhill race and drops plus stair sets. my price range is also around the 400-500 mark

thnx
jack

Posted: Sep 14, 2009 at 23:57 Quote
If your budget is 400 to 500 get a black market mob on ebay right now any size any color for 450 shipped! My budget was 250 to 300 so I had to settle on a riot but let me tell you w/same geo as the mob its PERFECT. I use to race BMX and ride street and half pipe and trust me you will not be disapointed. Not to mention the resale for down the road.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 1:48 Quote
thanks for the advice. can any1 back him up or give any other advice?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 1:57 Quote
Mobs and riots are beast, they're rlly good, but if I were you I would consider the banshee amp too (2kg, 4.4lb flat)

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 3:50 Quote
get an identiti krisis mega strong good all round i have 2 dents in my frame still strong as ever ..

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 4:15 Quote
thanks for all the advice but links to the frames and parts would b great.
thnx

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 4:20 Quote
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?PartnerID=79&ModelID=15683
there it is mate.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 4:35 Quote
thanks man but not really likin da look of it and it wouldnt go with the parts on my bike atm. im considering buying a black or white mob frame off ebay for 450 american and get a bb and cranks for it then putting my other parts on it . just an idea but also wat bb and cranks would u recomend?

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 5:00 Quote
I would also recommend the riot or mob from Black Market Bikes. The frame has really good geo, is light, and durable.

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 5:25 Quote
what cranks you looking for bmx or mountain bike 1s

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 5:35 Quote
im not sure aye. something cheapish but also strong and reliable and will be able to fit the mob frame,or riot if i cant get that extra 300 odd together. if u keep up to date with these posts i will add some pictures of what im intending to buy
thnx
jack

Posted: Sep 15, 2009 at 5:57 Quote
yer cool mate i recon some white bmx cranksi used to runn white profile cranks they were the best cranks ever

Posted: Sep 26, 2009 at 4:51 Quote
I'd go with with a BMX crank. Some are just as light as a MTB crank, just as strong and most cost less, plus they look better on a DJ build! Profiles, Demolitions or Colony's would be 3 that you should look at...they are the 3 lightest BMX cranks out right now and all are around $200 USD price. Good luck!

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.032652
Mobile Version of Website