Fox 831 DJ Fork

PB Forum :: Downhill
Fox 831 DJ Fork
Posted: Feb 21, 2013 at 14:57 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
I can just see it now "831 with 3 rides on it, like new condition!"

Ha. If I were to sell my fork, it would be for a fair price with all shortcomings disclosed.

Mod
Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 7:54 Quote
spankthewan wrote:
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
I can just see it now "831 with 3 rides on it, like new condition!"

Ha. If I were to sell my fork, it would be for a fair price with all shortcomings disclosed.
As it should be. On the same token, I doubt you'd state that the oil has a strong dislike for it's current location and would prefer to be outside of the fork.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 14:36 Quote
I love when people tell me about the dozen forks they've broken, thinking it'll make me not interested in said products. Honestly? I read posts like that and think it says a LOT more about the owner than the product.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 16:06 Quote
spankthewan wrote:
I'm a 175 lb., smooth rider who occasionally botches a landing. I've destroyed 1 RS Pike and 3 RS Argyles. I would never recommend a RS fork for dirt jumping until they sort out their issues with bent steer tubes. My first 831 (2010) was snapped at the arch from landing in some soft dirt and really cranking the bars into the turn. My current 831 has seen quite a bit a riding with no maintenance. That's not to say it doesn't need it. It loves to leak oil, since the dampener is broken, and the thing tops out pretty harshly, but it is still serving its purpose. The axle is slightly bent. It's a dirt jump fork. It doesn't need to have all of these little adjustments (luckily, since the adjustment knobs fell off from hitting the downtube on my Mob).

I was just asking about the 831. The argyles have a pretty good rep from what I've read. I don't know what you are doing to break so many forks.

Posted: Feb 22, 2013 at 17:26 Quote
Pwshadow wrote:
I was just asking about the 831. The argyles have a pretty good rep from what I've read. I don't know what you are doing to break so many forks.
I've had my 2013 831 for 6 months now, replaced the oil once, and they ride like new. I've had no problems at all with them, no oil leakage, no sound.

I'd reccomend them any day.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:02 Quote
Have they or will they ever go to a 20mm axle?

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:17 Quote
Pwshadow wrote:

doubt it. because the 32 lowers.

Mod
Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:20 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
Pwshadow wrote:

There is talk of a 34 831. But I doubt it would go to 20... I hate this 15mm stuff.

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:30 Quote
isaacschmidt wrote:
Thepureface wrote:
Pwshadow wrote:

There is talk of a 34 831. But I doubt it would go to 20... I hate this 15mm stuff.

What's the diff when just about any hub can be converted?
I was upset when my 20mm Havens couldn't be converted but now Easton makes the adapter, so now I don't have to sell them

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:30 Quote
I was one of the idiots who bought a 15mm hub. Lbs said no there is no spacers you can buy....

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:32 Quote
Thepureface wrote:
I was one of the idiots who bought a 15mm hub. Lbs said no there is no spacers you can buy....

For Easton?

Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 9:34 Quote
no, it was some no name hub. OE from a jamis komodo lol

Mod
Posted: Feb 23, 2013 at 12:49 Quote
dchill wrote:
isaacschmidt wrote:
Thepureface wrote:

What's the diff when just about any hub can be converted?
I was upset when my 20mm Havens couldn't be converted but now Easton makes the adapter, so now I don't have to sell them
just because all the 170 forks i'm looking at are 20mm, and the DT350 front is a set size, the 240 has the convertability, but the 350 is dedicated one size.

Posted: Feb 24, 2013 at 18:07 Quote
Sherbet, quit being the lamest mod on pinkbike. I know MANY people who no longer use suspension forks, just because their argyles have failed them on numerous occasions. You don't push your body OR your equipment to the limit. I'm just letting this thread know what fork has held up for me. It's the 831. Bite me.

sherbet wrote:
I love when people tell me about the dozen forks they've broken, thinking it'll make me not interested in said products. Honestly? I read posts like that and think it says a LOT more about the owner than the product.

Posted: Feb 24, 2013 at 18:24 Quote
Hostile post was hostile.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013803
Mobile Version of Website