Is my hub shot

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Is my hub shot
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 14:53 Quote
lets not get into some awful dick waving contest over who has the most complicated hub. that would be retarded.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 15:03 Quote
milanboez wrote:
yeh but that shit has gears in it...

Uhh, it's a hub. When you make a claim that some BMX company makes a more technical hub than any MTB hub you should expect to be corrected.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 0:29 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
lets not get into some awful dick waving contest over who has the most complicated hub. that would be retarded.

lol

well look where my complicated bmx hub went - straight back to warrenty...

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 5:18 Quote
Same deal for the rear. You gotta think of everything. It could be how the wheel is held, not the wheel itself. Front or rear, doesn't matter, it could be the dropouts. Last time I had a problem like this I couldn't figure it out with the customer over the phone, but when he brought the bike in, the dropout was all munched as he had been riding with the wheel loose for so long. He would do it up tight, but when he jumped or pedalled hard the wheel shifted in the frame. Bearings were fine.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 12:47 Quote
thats a good point. it might be the skewer, drop out or the mech hanger thats damaged, all of which would prevent the wheel from being properly tightened and fixed.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 15:08 Quote
xcrisx wrote:
theres nothing simple about bmx hubs. externally its all just bolted on, but the internals of a quality Profile hub are just as complicated as anything you'll find on a mountain bike.

anyway, take the wheel to a good shop, explian whats been happening and they will know what to do.

do what he saidSalute

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
Take the whole bike.

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 18:53 Quote
the inside of the hub was dented or something so i ended ub just buying a ns bikes freecoaster

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014075
Mobile Version of Website