What's your bike for 2010?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What's your bike for 2010?
Author Message
Posted: Nov 2, 2010 at 16:18 Quote
dhdeven wrote:
yshinots wrote:
5077 kg

pellegrinimtb wrote:


Sweet frame
Whats the frame weight?
Wow only 5077 kilos!Thats super light!
Agreed! It's lighter than I Dodge Ram though...

Posted: Nov 3, 2010 at 9:16 Quote
pluto is lighter than a dodge ram though

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 at 22:24 Quote
My dad's bike for 2010/2011. I just finished building it up for him tonight!

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 at 22:24 Quote
If it didn't have Hammershit I would say it's perfect.

Posted: Nov 5, 2010 at 22:26 Quote
iggys wrote:
If it didn't have Hammershit I would say it's perfect.
I am absolutely NOT trying to start an argument; what is it about them that you don't like? More clearance, two gears, instant shifting etc etc. What's not to like?

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 5:12 Quote
advorak wrote:
iggys wrote:
If it didn't have Hammershit I would say it's perfect.
I am absolutely NOT trying to start an argument; what is it about them that you don't like? More clearance, two gears, instant shifting etc etc. What's not to like?
+1 For that kind of bike I'd get Hammersmidt for sure.

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 5:19 Quote
why not a talas up front?

Posted: Nov 6, 2010 at 6:01 Quote
massive weight penalty, and i cant honestly see the point

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 20:15 Quote
dhdeven wrote:
advorak wrote:
iggys wrote:
If it didn't have Hammershit I would say it's perfect.
I am absolutely NOT trying to start an argument; what is it about them that you don't like? More clearance, two gears, instant shifting etc etc. What's not to like?
+1 For that kind of bike I'd get Hammersmidt for sure.

They work great until they stop working. When that happens, you have a serious problem.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 21:08 Quote
Or a warranty claim.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 21:11 Quote
nishnash wrote:
dhdeven wrote:
advorak wrote:

I am absolutely NOT trying to start an argument; what is it about them that you don't like? More clearance, two gears, instant shifting etc etc. What's not to like?
+1 For that kind of bike I'd get Hammersmidt for sure.

They work great until they stop working. When that happens, you have a serious problem.
Couldn't you say that about anything? Also, the hammerschmidt isn't light and when I took it apart to figure out how it works I could see that it is built bombproof.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 21:42 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Or a warranty claim.

I'm not a believer in using Warranty claims as an excuse for a product that doesnt last. Locally, people have loved their hammershmidts but they dont seem to be to reliable compared to a front derraileur. That being said, locally, we represent such a tiny % of the market so its not like our OP matters much.

They just seem like a novelty toy, good idea thats well executed without the philosophy that it should last a long time, seems to be the tradition with lots of recent SRAM product thats been marketed as something completely new and innovative, which it is, but seems to be more as advertisement than creating a legitimate long lasting product.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 21:43 Quote
nishnash wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Or a warranty claim.

I'm not a believer in using Warranty claims as an excuse for a product that doesnt last. Locally, people have loved their hammershmidts but they dont seem to be to reliable compared to a front derraileur. That being said, locally, we represent such a tiny % of the market so its not like our OP matters much.

They just seem like a novelty toy, good idea thats well executed without the philosophy that it should last a long time, seems to be the tradition with lots of recent SRAM product thats been marketed as something completely new and innovative, which it is, but seems to be more as advertisement than creating a legitimate long lasting product.
I want your babies.

Posted: Nov 8, 2010 at 22:00 Quote
nishnash wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Or a warranty claim.

I'm not a believer in using Warranty claims as an excuse for a product that doesnt last. Locally, people have loved their hammershmidts but they dont seem to be to reliable compared to a front derraileur. That being said, locally, we represent such a tiny % of the market so its not like our OP matters much.

They just seem like a novelty toy, good idea thats well executed without the philosophy that it should last a long time, seems to be the tradition with lots of recent SRAM product thats been marketed as something completely new and innovative, which it is, but seems to be more as advertisement than creating a legitimate long lasting product.
+1

Posted: Nov 9, 2010 at 4:16 Quote
mm bike whoring, finished build with slik graphics decals on fork n wheels, new straightline stem and mid cage xt mech




Smile


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010792
Mobile Version of Website