Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Series Round Up And Discussion.

PB Forum :: Downhill
Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Series Round Up And Discussion.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 2:27 Quote
Final round everybody, crunch time for Sam and Greg, will Brendog pop his cherry, will Blinky do it again, only way we're gonna know is waiting til finals time...

Links:
Freecaster, 4X starts at 18.00 GMT on Saturday, DH on Sunday.

Some pictures of the downhill track, not sure what's changed apparently there's a new jump up top.

4X track photos

Track walk teaser

Men's overall standings after Bromont

Wednesday's kinda early but I didn't want to wait too long and have someone else make a Schlanders thread lol, have fun.

*EDIT* So now it's all over, Sam Hill did it again, shame about Brendog but that's racing. Now go to the last page and talk about an amazing season.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 6:49 Quote
Im here! (trust you to get in there EARLY!)

So, is everyone going to be pushing like crazy, risking injury in the last race of the season?

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 6:56 Quote
What time does the DH start?

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 7:06 Quote
I don't know who I want to win to be honest. Gee can beat Hill here and will be going full tilt to get at least one win this year. But if Hill is on form he's hard to stop. Blinky has been too inconsistant this season I think to repeat here. But who knows.

It's pretty easy to pick any of them however. Anyone got any guesses for a dark horse? Maybe it's Faircloughs or Bryceland's time?

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 7:10 Quote
sam-davies wrote:
What time does the DH start?

Sunday @ 2:00pm Austria time. I like to use this tool to figure out when it will start in my time zone.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Find austria and where your from and you'll get your exact time. 9am for me.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 10:09 Quote
max lenthals racing the 4x!! Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 10:11 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
So, is everyone going to be pushing like crazy, risking injury in the last race of the season?

The three guys who are into with a chance of the World Cup will be, and people who have had a crap season will want to make an impression...

Is Rennie racing or is taking next year of as well..?

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 11:00 Quote
danielbateson wrote:

Really? That's cool, shame Tom K isn't, he couldn't get a lift. Jake's going just to party lol

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 11:12 Quote
i know blinky's been not doing too well this season but mabey that will encourage him.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 11:15 Quote
The dude that like owns my LBS is racing, Andrew Cavaletto. Hopefully he does dece.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 12:17 Quote
snook wrote:
danielbateson wrote:

Really? That's cool, shame Tom K isn't, he couldn't get a lift. Jake's going just to party lol
when were 17 isaac we should do a wc lol Smile

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 13:21 Quote
Yeah man, my dad actually said he'll take me to Fort Bill in 2011 haha, I'll be 16 but it's the year of my 17th birthday so I'll be a junior.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 8:53 Quote
I reck the 4X will be the best of the year, the course looks so fresh. Not much gnar, but so many lines, loose flat corners, speed choices..... and long too. Could make for one sick evening of racing.... such a shame there's no title to race for!

I'm backing Minnaar, against the odds... I wouldn't feel like justice had been done if he wins 3 rounds without taking the overall.

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 9:25 Quote
I'm not his biggest fan, but I don't see Sam losing this race. The last couple years have been sub-par for him, I think he tears this track apart. My head says Sam, my heart says Peaty to cap off a career year.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 10:01 Quote
He tears Bromont apart. He tears Maribor apart. Something's clearly not there at the moment with Hill... whether everyone's raised their game after '07 or he can't get that kind of form back..... it's definitely not a foregone conclusion by any means.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019015
Mobile Version of Website