SORRY TO FRANK THE WELDER

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SORRY TO FRANK THE WELDER
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 7:47 Quote
Well just light dh.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
Don't go throwing shit when you knowingly bought something that some one else ruined. Take the parts, scrap the frame & start over. Don't be a d-bag.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
It was that easy then, no need to throw shit. Sinister makes good bikes and are good people.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 12:49 Quote
Have Had my R9 For 2.5 seasons.
Best frame i have owned.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 13:07 Quote
heavy-dhiller wrote:
Well i have had the frame repaired now and looks good.

OOOHH! This is priceless! How long before the next thread from Mr. IQ here pops up saying that he folded his bike in half JRA, and throws even more poop at Sinister?

FYI smart guy, "looks good" and "is safe" are totally different things. Liquid soap smells good enough to eat, so it must be good to eat, right?

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 13:14 Quote
Just a little more duct tape and she'll be good

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 13:52 Quote
i see hundreds of pictures of kona's, giants, ect with snapped frames, not saying they are bad frames. But u have 1 of like 2 r9's with a frame problem in the world and because of that u say sinister's are crap? why did you buy the bike in the first place if you had know it was annealed? my sinister ridge has gotten has gotten countless years of abuse and its still mint. and its 7 years old!

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 14:06 Quote
heavy-dhiller wrote:
Well i have had the frame repaired now and looks good.
Regarding the headtube and bearing holes they are fine as i have just had them pressed in and the headset pressed in.
I dont know what you mean by the metal completley soft as it seems fine to me.
i will just get it heat treated.
So frank i have fixed your poor design fault , ok you might be a good welder , but you can't realy design a good frame.
And anyway i will not be doing 30ft drop offs or hucking on it , just light dh.
"I dont know what you mean by the metal completley soft as it seems fine to me." ?? what did u do, poke it with ur finger? "nope seems pretty hard to me, lets go ride"
since it was annealed that means the metal is soft, pretty sure the whole frame is metal? meaning thats not the only place that isnt very strong. it may be way worse next time and ur gonna eat crap and break ur neck

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:00 Quote
DH BIKES WOOOOHOOOOO!

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:12 Quote
This thread is a facepalm.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:19 Quote
I will have to agree that you don't know what you are talking about. It isn't Sinister's fault.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:26 Quote
Again
You have no idea what you are taking about.
Frank the welder was inducted into the mountain bike hall of fame...
because of his craftsmanship.

Not building shitty bikes.

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
nearly 3 seasons on my R9 and not one single problem... none. grow up and stop throwing around sinister's name. you got played. how the hell do you know the "soft metal" is fine now? really? Sinister and Frank have been far more supportive than any other company that I've EVER dealt with...

Posted: Oct 7, 2009 at 16:12 Quote
heavy-dhiller wrote:
how many people all over the worl have had there frame powder coated , so all there frames are annealed aswell , i don't think so.

There is nothing wrong with properly powder coating a bike frame, however there are many ways to incorrectly powdercoat a frame that damange the underlying material especially when dealing with aluminum. This would definitely not be the first nor the last case where someone improperly exposed something to heat and caused permanent damage.

bigquotesLet's first review some facts. Aluminum products are often powder coated, especially wheels. Some aluminum products are temperature sensitive, especially those that have temper or heat-treated properties. It is a well-known fact that aluminum can loose those temper properties when heated above a predetermined threshold (this is called annealing). How much the properties are affected depends upon the alloy of aluminum, the temper rating, the exposure temperature and the time the aluminum is exposed to that temperature.

Powdercoating aluminum

bigquotesYou see very little sinisters around the world as they are shit , knona and specialized ar alot better.

That's like saying you see more Fords than Ferraris because they're better.

I don't have much in the way of aluminum working experience but wouldn't a properly treated piece of aluminum be more prone to snapping than bending regardless of the amount of "leverage".

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012841
Mobile Version of Website