Need help!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 12:50 Quote
I need help to find out what fork is worth it's money for dirtjumping freeriding that kinda of thing.. Fox 36 Van, 36 talas, or 36 float? or is there any other recomendations

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Marzocchi 4x its stiff and light

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
mtnbikes4life wrote:
I need help to find out what fork is worth it's money for dirtjumping freeriding that kinda of thing.. Fox 36 Van, 36 talas, or 36 float? or is there any other recomendations

float is nice.. talas has travel adjust.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 17:31 Quote
jamesbrown wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:

I heard that the travel adjust brakes though..

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
i heard that to so i bought a float and its amazing. buy a shock pump though.. makes it easier on urself.

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
mtnbikes4life wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:

The TALAS isn't designed to be jumped in the lower travel settings. If you want a fox fork for DJing wait a bit for the fox 831.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 16:38 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:
jamesbrown wrote:

The TALAS isn't designed to be jumped in the lower travel settings. If you want a fox fork for DJing wait a bit for the fox 831.

No? not even the 36? Well it's confusing right now, I have an 07 rocky mountain switch 1 with marzochi super t's with 180 of travel.. I do downhill but I dirtjump too, although it's not very intense seeing I live in ontario, so I was thinking of buying something like the jamis parker 2?? any ides!

O+
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 18:09 Quote
mtnbikes4life wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:

No? not even the 36? Well it's confusing right now, I have an 07 rocky mountain switch 1 with marzochi super t's with 180 of travel.. I do downhill but I dirtjump too, although it's not very intense seeing I live in ontario, so I was thinking of buying something like the jamis parker 2?? any ides!

Nope. When you lower the Talas it changes the spring rate. You tend to damage internals on impact in the lower travel modes.

That said I've been running a Talas on my Rune all reason, I jump with it in 160mm travel mode and it'll take it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
hdfreerider wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:

Nope. When you lower the Talas it changes the spring rate. You tend to damage internals on impact in the lower travel modes.

That said I've been running a Talas on my Rune all reason, I jump with it in 160mm travel mode and it'll take it.

I think im going to go with the float..

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 18:38 Quote
mtnbikes4life wrote:
hdfreerider wrote:
mtnbikes4life wrote:

Don't buy a Jamis. From what I heard, the warrenty is horrible.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011092
Mobile Version of Website