Where to buy a 32mm socket wrench for Fox 40 maintenance?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Where to buy a 32mm socket wrench for Fox 40 maintenance?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 21:01 Quote
Hi there, Im having a hard time finding a 32mm 6-point socket wrench in order to change the oil of my Fox 40.

Do you guys know where to buy it?

Thanks!

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 21:39 Quote
ivanfiestas wrote:
Hi there, Im having a hard time finding a 32mm 6-point socket wrench in order to change the oil of my Fox 40.

Thanks!

try a tool outlet or some place that sells socket wrenches.. that would be my best bet.

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 22:45 Quote
konarider92 wrote:
ivanfiestas wrote:

Thanks!

try a tool outlet or some place that sells socket wrenches.. that would be my best bet.

Hi, today I went to Home Depot, a hardware store and an automotive store, didn't have it! They just carry up to 28-30 mm ones...

Posted: Sep 16, 2009 at 22:51 Quote
How about Googling "32mm socket"?

There are plenty out there. And if you have to make a thread asking where to get them, I question your ability to properly service your fork.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 1:20 Quote
signorvince2 wrote:
How about Googling "32mm socket"?

There are plenty out there. And if you have to make a thread asking where to get them, I question your ability to properly service your fork.

Thank you for your answer, but you are really giving nothing to the thread. I googled and searched the internet for a 32mm flat wrench with NO SUCCESS, and used the search option of the forum before creating this thread.

I moved from Spain 3 months ago, so I also have no idea where to buy this things in the US, or how these tools are called. I have built several bikes, high end RC helicopters, serviced 2003 and 2004 boxxer's and other stuff, so I think a have a slightly idea of what I'm doing.

I can also see you must be the kind of guy who likes questioning everything, even dough you have no idea about my abilities at all. How old are you, 12? 13 maybe?

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 1:47 Quote
By the way, I just found it on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/32mm-Oil-Filter-Wrench-Ecotec-Cobalt-Pursuit-Alero_W0QQitemZ110426831727QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b5f3bb6f&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ht_500wt_956

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 5:36 Quote
That's a wrench, not a socket.

Thank you for further proving my point.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 6:02 Quote
try a automotive store like auto zone that size socket is used for axil nuts on cars lol but it'll work on a 40 also

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 6:59 Quote
dood like sears or a tool store

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:10 Quote
i just put tape on the ends to prevent scratching.

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/PWO3882.jpg

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:26 Quote
I'd advise you use a high quality socket for removing the top cap of your forks. Anything other than the best has a high chance of chewing up the thin aluminium.

I use a 32mm Snap-On socket and a fixed position socket wrench for removing the top caps of my Fox 36's. I wouldn't stoop to anything lower quality.

An adjustable spanner should never be used on a fragile aluminium part, it'll simply chew it up. Hell, I wouldn't use one for any part of my bike whatsoever.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:43 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I'd advise you use a high quality socket for removing the top cap of your forks. Anything other than the best has a high chance of chewing up the thin aluminium.

I use a 32mm Snap-On socket and a fixed position socket wrench for removing the top caps of my Fox 36's. I wouldn't stoop to anything lower quality.

An adjustable spanner should never be used on a fragile aluminium part, it'll simply chew it up. Hell, I wouldn't use one for any part of my bike whatsoever.

Eek you implying my skills are shoddy.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:46 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
I use an Adjusto-wrench. Never had a problem.

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:55 Quote
iggz wrote:

I use a Park tools wrench set, and for 16mm and up I have Snap-On sockets. You'll rarely see wear on bolts that I loosen/tighten.

bigquotesEek you implying my skills are shoddy.

Nope, just your tools Wink

Posted: Sep 17, 2009 at 7:57 Quote
dh-pete wrote:
iggz wrote:

I use a Park tools wrench set, and for 16mm and up I have Snap-On sockets. You'll rarely see wear on bolts that I loosen/tighten.

bigquotesEek you implying my skills are shoddy.

Nope, just your tools Wink

ah i would usually recomend the proper tool for the job but only needed to remove the top cap like twice a year.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010764
Mobile Version of Website