The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 15:51 Quote
What i did once was to hammer and chisel a groove on either side of the hole, and then hammer gently to turn it slowly. Not sure of that's what Laurence meant but hey Big Grin gotta recover this mess somehow

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
laurencethorpe wrote:
Okay so you rounded the bolts? get a file and create 2 sides so you can whack on a spanner and undo them, if you havent got a file or the time, i suggest you take it to your LBS to see what they can do.

Ok thanks ill try this now

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 15:54 Quote
wait what? i thought it was the other guy who rounded his nuts off

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 15:56 Quote
We need to complete erase all existence of this lol

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 15:56 Quote
that would be most satisfying

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:00 Quote
i think we should all log off, go to bed (or for a ride if its not midnight in your country) and try again later

Or similarly, you can generally hammer a larger headed hex key in and make like a new groove, sometimes works but not as well as using the chisel method IMO

haha if i wasnt working on this stupid project at 4 in the afternoon with prime temps out i would be out riding hah

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:01 Quote
What can i use to file?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:01 Quote
maybe a file would work

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:02 Quote
maybe you should just smarten the f*ck up. and I think I'm speaking for more than myself, due to all your useless posts

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:02 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
maybe a file would work
\

and if i dont have one of those please?

Posted: Mar 5, 2012 at 16:03 Quote
tomcrowther wrote:
What i did once was to hammer and chisel a groove on either side of the hole, and then hammer gently to turn it slowly. Not sure of that's what Laurence meant but hey Big Grin gotta recover this mess somehow

So much easier with a file, Once done, you can reuse the bolts again and again, all you need is a spanner Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029153
Mobile Version of Website