The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 10:40 Quote
plastic spoke protector cannot be installed in such a way that it would cause enough friction to cause that kind of frame-resonating WHRRRR sound... The reason the noise is not heard when the cranks are spinning is because the wheel was not spinning fast enough for you to hear the dry bearings. Plastic on steel is fairly quiet in comparison,

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 15:39 Quote
I'm guessing it's freehub bearings that lack the grease, when pedalling they are engaged and not even spinning...

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
does anyone knows if PB is gonna show the fort william DH race?

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 15:59 Quote
amando96 wrote:
I'm guessing it's freehub bearings that lack the grease, when pedalling they are engaged and not even spinning...
this, or dirt in the pawls

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 15:59 Quote
yeah its on the homepage. also dirt.mpora.com and redbull.com/bike

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 22:23 Quote
I am buying a bike with a maxxis DTH, is it any good for a bit looser dirt, on the damp side, mixed with the very occasional hard pack? If not what's a good light DJ tire?

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 22:26 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
I am buying a bike with a maxxis DTH, is it any good for a bit looser dirt, on the damp side, mixed with the very occasional hard pack? If not what's a good light DJ tire?

I've always used small block 8's, some people hate on them pretty hard but I love them!

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 5:52 Quote
when is the wc coverage supposed to be shown?

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 5:54 Quote
check the home page, it says 15 minutes away.
pretty stoked although im going to miss the top qualifiers

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 5:55 Quote
bigfootrider10 wrote:
check the home page, it says 15 minutes away.
pretty stoked although im going to miss the top qualifiers
i swear it didn't say that when i last looked like 5 mins ago! lol

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 5:59 Quote
i know, i went from the home page it wasnt there, then went into this thread and back again, magically appeared.

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 6:16 Quote
if you go on the live thingy and go right to the start there's a football game on lol

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 14:48 Quote
if i get a 36T chainring ring, and a shimano zee rear mech (wide ratio), whats the best cog ratio on the cassette for the setup? cheers

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 15:07 Quote
johnny-compton wrote:
if i get a 36T chainring ring, and a shimano zee rear mech (wide ratio), whats the best cog ratio on the cassette for the setup? cheers
what do you ride? DH?

Posted: Jun 10, 2012 at 15:10 Quote
Jose-David-DH wrote:
johnny-compton wrote:
what do you ride? DH?

its a mix of trail, am, dh.. i was thinking a cassette with a pretty average range, what about 11-28?

Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.026221
Mobile Version of Website