The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 22:28 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
Kr0weh wrote:
skibbe wrote:

You dont need to know how much travel your fork has to know whatsize headset you need. All you need to know is what size your headtube is. The standards are 1 1/8th inch, 1/2 inch, and tapered which is 1 1/8th on top and 1/2 on bottom. Judging by your frame it seems to be a 1 1/8th

Ya, I must of worded that poorly, I know fork travel is irrellevant. But thanks for answering my headset question!
what do you mean though? Steerer length, size?

I meant to ask about how I measure the diameter of my head tube; whether the measurement was taken from the inside of the tube wall or outside, but I guess it doesn't matter. Stupid question lol

I'm new to this whole thing and just wanted to make sure the steerer size and headtube size match.

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 22:40 Quote
Kr0weh wrote:
christianridesbikes wrote:
Kr0weh wrote:

Ya, I must of worded that poorly, I know fork travel is irrellevant. But thanks for answering my headset question!
what do you mean though? Steerer length, size?

I meant to ask about how I measure the diameter of my head tube; whether the measurement was taken from the inside of the tube wall or outside, but I guess it doesn't matter. Stupid question lol

I'm new to this whole thing and just wanted to make sure the steerer size and headtube size match.
yeah it will either be 1.5 or 1 1/8. Measurement is internally for the headtube and outer for the steerer

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 1:33 Quote
whats a decent 26" rim under 60 bucks? i'm doing mostly dh and am

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 4:36 Quote
Thanks christianridesbikes!

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 6:04 Quote
Ok so I have this bmx I bought second hand and I'm stripping it to repaint her. Problem is the guy I bought it from didn't seem to ever grease his bike and the bolt that holds the right crank in is seized solid , trust me I've tried so hard to get it out.

What do I do? Is there an easier way or is it gone forever.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 6:21 Quote
Downhill340 wrote:
Ok so I have this bmx I bought second hand and I'm stripping it to repaint her. Problem is the guy I bought it from didn't seem to ever grease his bike and the bolt that holds the right crank in is seized solid , trust me I've tried so hard to get it out.

What have you tried so far? I would start with a good dose of plus gas over and over and leave for a few days for it to penetrate, top it up, then give it a go. If that doesn't work, try heat!

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 6:22 Quote
myothercarsa2cv wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:

What have you tried so far? I would start with a good dose of plus gas over and over and leave for a few days for it to penetrate, top it up, then give it a go. If that doesn't work, try heat!
gigidy

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 15:20 Quote
What fork pump should i get for my dj3s
Low or high pressure?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 15:22 Quote
unless they're 2007 or older you don't need one.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 15:34 Quote
I dont know what year they are but they have a red and a black cap on each side
Red-left
Black right
And when you twist them off they have a valve underneath them.
Which i cant get a pump or air compressor on?

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 15:37 Quote
DON'T USE A COMPRESSOR

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 15:39 Quote
that'd be hilarious... lol

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:06 Quote
myothercarsa2cv wrote:
Downhill340 wrote:

Heat then chill, heat then chill. That usually breaks the bond. Then use an easy out to get it out. But go nice and slow with the easy out!

...If all else fails Sawzall!!!!! tup

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:14 Quote
Anyone want to suggest to me a 26" full sus All Mountain or Freeride Hardtail bike for around 2k that uses a 12x150 rear end?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:15 Quote
I dont think any of them use a 12x150

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029675
Mobile Version of Website