The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Author Message
Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:16 Quote
None do that's dh bikes
I can't think meta am?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
dmanj wrote:
Anyone want to suggest to me a 26" full sus All Mountain or Freeride Hardtail bike for around 2k that uses a 12x150 rear end?

fully:
norco 4by
norco 6/7 (older years)
rocky mtn slayer SS
intense uzzi

hardtail:
norco torrent
liteville 4x

Might be more but the fullies are more FR than AM, and there's not much choice in hardtails

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 16:54 Quote
lafalot wrote:
dmanj wrote:
Anyone want to suggest to me a 26" full sus All Mountain or Freeride Hardtail bike for around 2k that uses a 12x150 rear end?

fully:
norco 4by
norco 6/7 (older years)
rocky mtn slayer SS
intense uzzi

hardtail:
norco torrent
liteville 4x

Might be more but the fullies are more FR than AM, and there's not much choice in hardtails

Thanks, I know about the Torrent. I had one until it was stolen this afternoon. I have a Mavic EX823 laced to a Hope Pro2 Evo sitting in my garage now that I'd like to keep if I can.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 18:38 Quote
Are there any Canadian based online stores? CRC is Brittish, any Canadian ones?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 18:48 Quote
red-demon wrote:
I dont know what year they are but they have a red and a black cap on each side
Red-left
Black right
And when you twist them off they have a valve underneath them.
Which i cant get a pump or air compressor on?
Hilarious.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 18:57 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
red-demon wrote:
I dont know what year they are but they have a red and a black cap on each side
Red-left
Black right
And when you twist them off they have a valve underneath them.
Which i cant get a pump or air compressor on?
Hilarious.
EFFING hilarious!!

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 19:09 Quote
Also, if i bought some things from CRC (about $400) would I have to pay duty on top of that price if i'm shipping to Canada?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 19:24 Quote
Yes. You pay 13% tax, and duties. The amount of duty you pay can vary, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a percentage of what you're buying.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 19:50 Quote
You normally dont pay tax as it is bought outside the european union, you do however pay duty which for me seems to be more than 13% when the package arrives.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
So duty is 13+% ontop of the $400?


are there any canadian stores?

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 21:00 Quote
I've never had to pay duty on any of my orders. First order was ~$400 and all I had to pay was tax + $8 handling. This latest order was ~$200 and I paid nothing

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 21:53 Quote
dmanj wrote:
I've never had to pay duty on any of my orders. First order was ~$400 and all I had to pay was tax + $8 handling. This latest order was ~$200 and I paid nothing

Same, I"ve had a coupel orders of $200-$300 and never had to pay any duties or anything on it. and I've had several other smaller orders of $80 (Just to get the free shipping) and never paid anything.

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 23:48 Quote
Rattsl wrote:
red-demon wrote:
I dont know what year they are but they have a red and a black cap on each side
Red-left
Black right
And when you twist them off they have a valve underneath them.
Which i cant get a pump or air compressor on?
Hilarious.
Why cant iuse a compressor if you put the air in slowley and to the correct psi , i wouldnt of thought it would really matter

Posted: Jul 24, 2012 at 23:49 Quote
Maxle or through axle and why?


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2018. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.030941
Mobile Version of Website