The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
Does anyone know if there will be any problems if I run shimano icetech rotors with magura mt7 brakes?

Posted: Oct 25, 2017 at 22:08 Quote
I'm running mt5's with ice techs no issue

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
orangenut wrote:
I'm running mt5's with ice techs no issue

Awesome. Thanks

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 12:34 Quote
Im going to recieve a Brand X dropper tomorrow and im wondering if i should bring it to a shop to get in installed or its pretty straight forward ?

Also, I have a reverb right now on my bike that I will need to take off.

Ive got the basic tools in my apartment for bike repairs.
And i guess average rider bike repair skills.(never worked in a shop but worked on all of my bike most of the time)

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 16:50 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Im going to recieve a Brand X dropper tomorrow and im wondering if i should bring it to a shop to get in installed or its pretty straight forward ?

And i guess average rider bike repair skills.(never worked in a shop but worked on all of my bike most of the time)

Is it internally or externally routed?

External should be a breeze to install, Internal not as much. May need to take it to a shop if you don't have BB service tools.

Posted: Oct 26, 2017 at 18:28 Quote
omtimasprime wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

External should be a breeze to install, Internal not as much. May need to take it to a shop if you don't have BB service tools.
hey thanks for the answer mate!

Well yeah its internally routed but its not trhought the bb i believe the cable runs out right over the bb and then its externally routed to the handlebars.

Posted: Oct 27, 2017 at 15:21 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

Well yeah its internally routed but its not trhought the bb i believe the cable runs out right over the bb and then its externally routed to the handlebars.

That's not bad then, If you haven't worked on your reverb before look up removal/installation instructions for taking it off. The Brand-X post should be a breeze to install.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 9:37 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
omtimasprime wrote:
drpepperrider2 wrote:

The Reverb has the option of removing the cable from the tube without losing any oil, and to facilitate removal. I would recommend for you to remove the reverb at the same time as u install the brand x, basically tie the new dropper's hose to the reverb one, so that as u remove the reverb's hose, the new one follows it through and u avoid the hassle of trying to get te new cable to go through the internal routing which can be a pain in the ass many times.

Good luck! Measure twice before cutting any cables also haha

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Yeah turns outi dont really have any good cutters home other than traditional cutters which frayed the wires. Fak me.

Posted: Oct 28, 2017 at 14:24 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Yeah turns outi dont really have any good cutters home other than traditional cutters which frayed the wires. Fak me.

Use a grinder with a thin steel cutting blade if you have enough length
Good luck buddy!

Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 16:07 Quote
Hey,

Any rider in here with metal plate and pins in their elbow whom I could ask a few questions? I'd really appreciate it!

Cheers!

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2017 at 16:43 Quote
Hi

What bike would you recommend out of the Trek remedy 9.8 or the Norco range 7.2?

They have very similar spec but i like the norco as it's a bit more uncommon

Has anyone ridden either or both of bikes to comment?

Thanks, Nick

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 18:14 Quote
Hi everyone, random question me and my coworker are trying to settle: What does the BLT stand for in the transition BLT? We know the PBJ is Pumps, bumps and Jumps so figure the BLT should be similar

Posted: Nov 25, 2017 at 23:05 Quote
mattj16 wrote:
Hi everyone, random question me and my coworker are trying to settle: What does the BLT stand for in the transition BLT? We know the PBJ is Pumps, bumps and Jumps so figure the BLT should be similar

Banks, lips, transfers.

Mod
Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 0:48 Quote
Well now I'm hungry!!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.046781
Mobile Version of Website