The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 4:40 Quote
Probably a dumb question, boys and girls, but here it is anyway: why, since the introduction of metric shocks and their trunnion cousins, have bike frame manufacturers stopped pointing out the shock sizes for their frames? You have to dig the info out.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 3:48 Quote
So my Scott came with a GX mech (11 spd), but with an NX shifter im guessing to save costs, would it be worth while to upgrade the shifter to a GX 11 speed seeing as they're only £33? is it just a straight swap also?

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 4:09 Quote
Jamestyrrell wrote:
So my Scott came with a GX mech (11 spd), but with an NX shifter im guessing to save costs, would it be worth while to upgrade the shifter to a GX 11 speed seeing as they're only £33? is it just a straight swap also?

It is a straight swap and it’s worth the swap in my opinion, the NX is a really crap feeling piece of plastic. Though the GX is also plastic it has a much better feel and a much more crisp actuation. Plus it’s not a lumpy plastic mount so you can even go onto a matchmaker mount providing you have the right SRAM/AVID brake setup.

Posted: Aug 14, 2019 at 5:52 Quote
ratcat wrote:
Jamestyrrell wrote:

It is a straight swap and it’s worth the swap in my opinion, the NX is a really crap feeling piece of plastic. Though the GX is also plastic it has a much better feel and a much more crisp actuation. Plus it’s not a lumpy plastic mount so you can even go onto a matchmaker mount providing you have the right SRAM/AVID brake setup.

thankyou mate. i only want to swap to make my shifts better. i have hope tech 3 e4's on the way so that match maker thing is a no go.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:26 Quote
Hi, I have a dub carbon crank and have been wondering if anyone makes a cap for the non-drive side of the spindle because dirt frequently gets inside and I've been meaning to stash some things inside.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
What's a used 08 boxxer world cup worth? Probably a 6.5/7 - 10 condition

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 9:27 Quote
Yo people, I have had badluck and blew out 3 rear tubeless tires in a month. 3 Maxxis Aggressor DD on my kona process.
I usually run high 28 to 30 psi pressure, but no tire insert or anything. What do you guys recommend as a bombproff tire? Should I go DH casing and Tire insert? Like Maxxis Dissector DH and huck norris insert?

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 11:37 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

f*ck all mate.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 12:01 Quote
drpepperrider2 wrote:
Yo people, I have had badluck and blew out 3 rear tubeless tires in a month. 3 Maxxis Aggressor DD on my kona process.
I usually run high 28 to 30 psi pressure, but no tire insert or anything. What do you guys recommend as a bombproff tire? Should I go DH casing and Tire insert? Like Maxxis Dissector DH and huck norris insert?

Depends how you're destroying the casing. An insert protects against pinch flats. If that applies to your casing failures, then you could stick with Double Down and try an insert and / or more air pressure. If your failures have been due to tread or sidewall cuts, you need a tougher casing.

If you don't want the full weight and, more importantly, rolling resistance of a Maxxis DH casing, you might try a Schwalbe Super Gravity or Kenda Advanced Gravity model. Kenda's new models have surprised me: good tread design, good durability, better traction than tires with comparable durability, and tougher than other tires of the same weight.

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

f*ck all mate.

Sweet. I'll just ride them then!

Posted: Sep 3, 2019 at 13:43 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:

f*ck all mate.

Sweet. I'll just ride them then!

Probably the best option.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 at 20:02 Quote
Just found an old unused lg1+ bashgaurd/chainguide for pretty cheap, and I need a bashguard as this bike I bought used did not come with one and would rather not risk any damage. Should the LG1+ fit on my SC Nomad with a 30t ring easily or will it not because its designed for more downhill size chainrings.

thanks

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 at 2:41 Quote
Owensven wrote:
Just found an old unused lg1+ bashgaurd/chainguide for pretty cheap, and I need a bashguard as this bike I bought used did not come with one and would rather not risk any damage. Should the LG1+ fit on my SC Nomad with a 30t ring easily or will it not because its designed for more downhill size chainrings.

thanks
Dude asking in more then 1 place is completely unnecessary.

Posted: Sep 13, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
need a quick advice about my bike, I need to know your opinions how much is it still worth.

I have NS Metropolis 2, it's 10 years old, everything's original, except the grips, pedals and the last rim.
I would like to sell it to save up for a new bike, but have no idea how much to ask for it.
I know it's 10 years old, but I haven't ridden it the last few years much and everything still works really well. I paid for it around 950 euros 10 years ago.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017597
Mobile Version of Website