The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
The MTB Quick Question Thread 3.0 - Parts names & abreviations link on first post.
| Next Page
Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 9:32 Quote
buha wrote:
need a quick advice about my bike, I need to know your opinions how much is it still worth.

I have NS Metropolis 2, it's 10 years old, everything's original, except the grips, pedals and the last rim.
I would like to sell it to save up for a new bike, but have no idea how much to ask for it.
I know it's 10 years old, but I haven't ridden it the last few years much and everything still works really well. I paid for it around 950 euros 10 years ago.

Dirt jumpers that age and condition sell for around $600 here in California.
Smart shoppers know those marzocchis from 2008 2009 had quality control issues so I wouldnt buy it just for that reason.
It's a nice little bike though. Good luck

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 13:05 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
buha wrote:
need a quick advice about my bike, I need to know your opinions how much is it still worth.

I have NS Metropolis 2, it's 10 years old, everything's original, except the grips, pedals and the last rim.
I would like to sell it to save up for a new bike, but have no idea how much to ask for it.
I know it's 10 years old, but I haven't ridden it the last few years much and everything still works really well. I paid for it around 950 euros 10 years ago.

Dirt jumpers that age and condition sell for around $600 here in California.
Smart shoppers know those marzocchis from 2008 2009 had quality control issues so I wouldnt buy it just for that reason.
It's a nice little bike though. Good luck
Smart shoppers know it was the 08/09 55/66/888 that had issues. The forks that didn't get a redesign did not have any problems.

Posted: Sep 16, 2019 at 23:16 Quote
Does anyone know if one of the newer Specialized Enduro models would have a chainstay compatible with an 2014 Enduro Comp 29? The chainstay on mine broke and Specialized doesn;t make the part anymore.

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 at 4:14 Quote
ggreen21 wrote:
Does anyone know if one of the newer Specialized Enduro models would have a chainstay compatible with an 2014 Enduro Comp 29? The chainstay on mine broke and Specialized doesn;t make the part anymore.

Nope, your only real option now is to try get it repaired or try find a used one, some guys split up battered frames for this reason. Your other option is to get a new one fabricated, some of the guys in the hand made bikes thread should be able to make you a stainless one.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 9:47 Quote
ggreen21 wrote:

I thought they do lifetime warranty. Have you brought it in for warranty?

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 11:35 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
ggreen21 wrote:

I bought the bike used so the warranty doesn't apply

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 22:07 Quote
buha wrote:

200€ on a good day, expect to be lowballed

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 3:18 Quote
I sold it for 320€, I guess I should be happy then Big Grin

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 10:12 Quote
mrgonzo wrote:
ggreen21 wrote:

It's lifetime on front triangles and hardtails. Kinda sneaky fine print IMO.

Posted: Sep 20, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
The rebound adjustment is gone on my 06 boxxer WC. Should I see about finding someone to rebuild it for me or purchase a newer dual crown?
Would an RC4 be a better rear shock for a v10 than a dhx 5?

Thanks.

Posted: Sep 22, 2019 at 17:33 Quote
SAVAGE-RIDER wrote:
The rebound adjustment is gone on my 06 boxxer WC. Should I see about finding someone to rebuild it for me or purchase a newer dual crown?
Would an RC4 be a better rear shock for a v10 than a dhx 5?

Thanks.
RS carries spares for about 5 years after production ends, that chassis ceased production in 2009. It was common for the compression damper on those to fail, your Sol if it's anything more then low oil.

Rc4 is a better shock.

Posted: Sep 25, 2019 at 5:28 Quote
Depends how occasional and how hard you ride. I have a jeffsy and if I were to ride downhill on it more often it would be destroyed. I'm considering getting a capra exactly because of this.

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018842
Mobile Version of Website