Ya know what really grinds my gears?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 13:13 Quote
Alright, keep it short, and clean. Title is pretty self explanatory.
If it goes awry I'll be on this thread like the DEA on Myles Rockwell.

When people say 'bless you' when somebody sneezes. Just let me sneeze, no need to make a big point of it.

Posted: Sep 18, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
People who are like scene people. Or people who claim to love only unheard of not well known bands. There not well known for a reason.

EDIT:
Tegan and Sarah Madder hate them so much.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 0:09 Quote
hrdbiker wrote:
People who are like scene people. Or people who claim to love only unheard of not well known bands. There not well known for a reason.

EDIT:
Tegan and Sarah Madder hate them so much.

I just have to say you are wrong on SO many levels. Underground/indie bands make some of the best music out there. I listen to A LOT of underground music, and indie bands and stuff. Much, much better then what is really main stream out there right now, or being played on the radio. They are unknown for a reason, why? 90% of the time they are brand new into the music scene. You don't blow up over night, fyi. Getting a record deal is pretty hard... Especially now a days, where every one and their friend wants or does try to start a band and make it... Music is f*cking tough, and thus why there is under ground artists, that you hate so much.

I bet you hate these artists because they are that, underground/indie. These bands are also some of the hardest working bands out there. Now, I'll include examples of more underground/indie bands that are great: Lights, Moneen, Pack A.D., Ra Ra Riot, Matt and Kim, Saint Alvia Cartel, Grizzly Bear, Little Boots, Bats for Lashes, Arcade Fire, Gaslight Anthem, Metric, Anthony Green, Copeland, etc, etc.

I get introduced to new artists all the time, as I'm on a press email list that goes out to all these media press companies. 99% of the bands they e-mail me to check out have been all legit, hard working musicians who produce some great shit. They are not known, why? Cause their career just started...

Now, onto Tegan and Sara. With me being a big fan of them, I highly disagree with you on that one. They really aren't underground. Have a pretty big fan base, and their records are nothing but great. Not a single bad one, with a single bad song on them. 2 real nice chicks, who have been at the music game for over 10 years now. Worked really f*cking hard to get where they are, and they deserve to be where they are. You may not like their music, but it's good shit. They rarely get bad reviews ever. Some of the nicest people I've met also. PS: There is no H in Sara.

You're justify for this hate is stupid. Especially the 'they're not well known for a reason' part.

Sorry for going off topic, but I had to. People like you grind my gears.

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 1:43 Quote
m-a-c-k wrote:
short, and clean

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 2:15 Quote
A poorly aligned derailleur!

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 6:48 Quote
Riders that stop directly on the trail. Move off to the side so nobody gets hurt!!

Posted: Sep 19, 2009 at 20:31 Quote
Dotca ranting grinds my gears.

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:29 Quote
chomers wrote:

as long as they dont go for the whole i listen to indie so im allowed to wear these rediculusly stupid, over-sized, annoying black rimmed glasses.

Posted: Sep 20, 2009 at 20:55 Quote
canucker wrote:
chomers wrote:

as long as they dont go for the whole i listen to indie so im allowed to wear these rediculusly stupid, over-sized, annoying black rimmed glasses.

Those are called hipsters, which I'm not.

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
people who hate on people for everything yeah i wear skinny jeans tight t shirts and flat peaks call me what you want but tbh who gives a shit we are all human.

and broken bikes there grind my gears

oh and people who rip of family guy quotes Wink

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 6:39 Quote
Right now, my Mrs is grinding my gears!!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
hey hey check this out its gonna freak you out! Are you looking? You looking?

haha, i had to.

Hmmmmmm, now i gotta think of something. Ooh! Blown fork seals (on the first day of riding) really grind my gears!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 10:30 Quote
crunchss wrote:
Right now, my Mrs is grinding my gears!!
Get ready for a whole life of grinding gears mate!

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:25 Quote
skinnies. I hate them so much. Maybe its because I could never wear them cause my legs are so big from years of rugby and wrestling or the fact that it looks like gross(er) spandex.

Posted: Sep 23, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
dan-mtb wrote:
Riders that stop directly on the trail. Move off to the side so nobody gets hurt!!
People that stop *anywhere* without moving.
Can't stand it when walking in town and somebody stops in front of me.Really Mad

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012216
Mobile Version of Website