Havok Jam Re-Opening Petition

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Havok Jam Re-Opening Petition
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 10:21 Quote
Guys, a few of us hinted at it before. The reason Havok is gone is because two guys decided it would be a great idea to f*ck around with the organizer's private property. So he decided he was done with Havok. I can't see this petition changing anything.

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 13:58 Quote
well maybe he will see that we arent all like this?

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:34 Quote
Attention I wasn't there so don't bitch at meAttention If there was a problem with it (ie vandals) a couple of guys man up and be security for a few days. You don't have to be big, just call the cops, 9/10 times someone who tags anything they need time. Cops get there under...20 minutes lets say. You grab some graffiti remover and its gone....

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:38 Quote
Here's what he had to say about it. I'd recommend everyone read this before signing their names.

Friends,

This weekend I went away for a couple days rest after a tireless effort in preparing and running Havok Jam for the 7th year. On Sunday I returned home to my house no longer in the condition I had left it in. In my need for a short break to recharge I had left some ramps in my yard. Knowing the temptation everything had been arranged so that passerby’s would not be tempted to ride the materials that had been left. My return showed that 2 ramps had been moved and placed in a position that they could be ridden. This was upsetting due to the liability issue that this creates for me. Upsetting but not the end of the line. The line however was crossed upon the discovery that in order to ride these ramps the individuals took it upon themselves to break a 3” branch off my tree in order to make it possible in the position they had placed the ramps in. Further to that in attempting to move a 3rd ramp they decided that it was perfectly acceptable to throw a pile of lumber into my flowerbed destroying a number of plants. Given this random destruction of private property, liability risk these individuals have placed me in and first and foremost the INCREDIBLE disrespect that these individuals created for myself and the volunteers that work so tirelessly to ensure that this event has happened every year I have decided that this is no longer worth the time, effort, passion and financial loss I place into this event every year.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:40 Quote
That just shows no god damn respect. He was nice enough to set up a comp from his own pocket, and he gets that shit in return. No wonder.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
Yeah, that's what Tom hinted at earlier. I guess it's for the best that peopple on pinkbike read this too.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
wow thats f*cked, like why the hell would you go through all of that effort jus to hit them for a lil. jesus. some people are so f*cking stupid its rediculous. seriously what goes around comes around

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 20:24 Quote
alot of us have known of this poor choice of vandalism before you brought it to the thread. it is a shame. but I still choose to sign something even if it doesn't happen I guess..

my idea is on july 1st we have Canada Street ride day where a bunch of us locals will pull up early on our bikes and drop random stuff everywhere and ride there for the day to make up for havok being lost

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 10:53 Quote
keenanbikes wrote:
alot of us have known of this poor choice of vandalism before you brought it to the thread. it is a shame. but I still choose to sign something even if it doesn't happen I guess..

my idea is on july 1st we have Canada Street ride day where a bunch of us locals will pull up early on our bikes and drop random stuff everywhere and ride there for the day to make up for havok being lost

+1

Posted: Oct 3, 2009 at 15:43 Quote
keenanbikes wrote:

keenan, i agree bud. and get some prizes or some shit set up. . . keenan + 1 mad street cred!!!!! STREET!

Posted: Jun 7, 2010 at 15:44 Quote
its already happening this year so this threads kinda pointless...

Posted: Jun 10, 2010 at 12:32 Quote
MatthewBolton wrote:
its already happening this year so this threads kinda pointless...
lol this group was made mad long ago

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016457
Mobile Version of Website