What's next

PB Forum :: Biking Videos
What's next
| Next Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
The movie was never about competing with the big guns. It was about making a full length movie with my good friends and seeing how good we could make it.

For one, it was made by me alone. Any other major film has at least a few guys. What's Next? was made in 6 months. Collective flicks were 2 years each in the making. Major films like the collective/NWD have a minimum of $250,000 budget. I had a budget of $2500. $2000 of which went towards paying my rent while I made it. Also, the movie was made with nothing but good friends of mine. No huge name pros. I sacrificed quite a bit to make this movie and to make sure I could give it away free and am totally broke because of it. So please don't compare it to NWD, collective, etc. I don't expect everyone to like it, but at the very least, be respectful. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 0:40 Quote
To all the 15 year old haters on here calm down.
bigquotesIt was like everyone's first video filmed on their dad's Hi-8 tape camera except 4x longer
Show me, If you show me you can film, edit and produce a 3 min short half as well as Whats next then I will personally fund you making a full length movie.

Aaron, I was pretty damn stoked with the movie, plus the party for it kicked ass! Way to stick to your guns and show why locals still kick ass.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 2:57 Quote
j-peters wrote:
To all the 15 year old haters on here calm down.
bigquotesIt was like everyone's first video filmed on their dad's Hi-8 tape camera except 4x longer
Show me, If you show me you can film, edit and produce a 3 min short half as well as Whats next then I will personally fund you making a full length movie.

Aaron, I was pretty damn stoked with the movie, plus the party for it kicked ass! Way to stick to your guns and show why locals still kick ass.

Win (Y)
Yeah true, solid work Aaron really enjoyed it..

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 13:46 Quote
scottsecco wrote:
sloride wrote:
I thought it was bad ass. Anyone know the playlist from it?

Here they are. Also... just so ya know you can always check the ''Need song from MTB movie'' thread in the forum, it's pretty rad.

shiny toy guns - major tom
matt and kim - daylight
magic wands - black magic
Little Boots - Meddle
alex metric - deadly on a mission
Danger Mouse - Threat
Daft Punk - Superheroes (we plants are happy plants remix)
le tigre - TKO
Bat for Lashes - Daniel
Jay Z ft. Santigold - Brooklyn We Go Hard
Ladyhawke - Magic
TV on the Radio - DLZ
La Roux - In For the Kill (Skream let's get ravey remix)
The Kickdrums - love is a drug (Kolt13 remix)

Thanks man. I rarely ever post anything. And to the guy that made the movie, great job. I was thoroughly impressed the entire time. I wouldn't have been dissapointed if I paid for it.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 15:33 Quote
larock wrote:
The movie was never about competing with the big guns. It was about making a full length movie with my good friends and seeing how good we could make it.

For one, it was made by me alone. Any other major film has at least a few guys. What's Next? was made in 6 months. Collective flicks were 2 years each in the making. Major films like the collective/NWD have a minimum of $250,000 budget. I had a budget of $2500. $2000 of which went towards paying my rent while I made it. Also, the movie was made with nothing but good friends of mine. No huge name pros. I sacrificed quite a bit to make this movie and to make sure I could give it away free and am totally broke because of it. So please don't compare it to NWD, collective, etc. I don't expect everyone to like it, but at the very least, be respectful. Thanks.
Tbh i didnt enjoy it cause it was alot of jumps and some street and i prefer downhill, but seriosly for the money you had and stuff, quality filming and film maikng

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 21:28 Quote
In my opinion the movie was amazing, especially for the small budget and time period Aaron had to make the film. The Film did a great job showing a group of the next top names in biking and what they have to offer.
Great job I would have been more then happy if I had bought this movie

Carson

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 3:57 Quote
I really enjoyed it Aaron. I'm starting to get into to MTB videography and hope to make my own MTB film next year.
I thought it was really well done considering you were on such a tight budget. I was expecting it to be over-edited (I have to admit like some of your other pieces) but it wasn't. You kept it nice a simple.

The riding was awesome, there wasn't a single seggy I didn't like, I liked how they all had their own seperate locations and 'stunts' if you like.

One thing I wasn't a fan of is that you kinda split each segment up into three parts, Dirt Jump, Freeride and Downhill. I don't know why but I just didn't think it worked IMO. But it seems other people liked it.

I also thought the music was kinda repetitve. Although I loved all the songs you used I thought that your continued use of 'electro' music got a little boring. Although you mixed it up with some Jay-Z for Vass' part and the La Roux DnB rmx.

All in all, great film. Wasn't expecting it to be free, so stoked on that. Props to anyone that can make a full length film like that on little or no budget tup

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
larock wrote:

Ignore the hater's Aaron. I applaud the effort, blood, sweat, and tears put into What's Next, and am PUMPED on the final product. I don't think 1% of the people here understand what kind of sacrifice ($ and time) goes into producing a video from start to finish. Keep em coming, I know i'll be looking for what is to come next from you.

p.s. stoked you used that Matt and Kim song! That's been on my ipod for a while, it will forever remind me of What's Next Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 14:43 Quote
whoa man, i didn't realise it was made on such a limited budget

great vid, one of my favorites because of excelent music picks

keep them coming Salute Salute Salute

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 22:31 Quote
Dude. I loved it. As a huge fan of the Collective films, NWD, and Kranked series, I thought the video was prime.

I dont want narration, or big name shit. I love underground, simple, good riding.

I thought the shots were excellent, ESPECIALLY considering the budget. A home made, single dude video, I thought this was fantastic. Realistically man, I've watched it like 4 or 5 times total now. I just watched it again all the way through.

I love the shots, the ride spots, the music. You haters can tell me i have bad taste, but sure do appreciate the entreprenurship and hard work it takes to accomplish such a production.

Keep up the good work man, and dont let the other guys get to ya. I hope you have it in ya to make another one soon dude!!! I favorited teh video the first day i saw it, and sent it to my friends.

I definately would not have been upset at all if I had paid for it. And if you sell copies at a reasonable price, I will buy one.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017674
Mobile Version of Website