Are Juicy 3's worth buying?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Are Juicy 3's worth buying?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:00 Quote
I was looking at buying a new set of brakes, and the guy at the shop said to look at the juicy 3. So I was wondering are they worth buying? Any good?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:06 Quote
im riding juicy 3s now and i cant say that i like them that much. how ever im riding hayes HFX MAG's on my other bike and they have to be the best break i have ever road. just my thoughts.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:32 Quote
Anyones else got any comments about them?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:35 Quote
trailer wrote:
im riding juicy 3s now and i cant say that i like them that much. how ever im riding hayes HFX MAG's on my other bike and they have to be the best break i have ever road. just my thoughts.

i have to agree. i have them on my SX and i dont like them very much. the stopping power just isnt there.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:38 Quote
^^ ya thats what i found i have them on a street bike. not the best idea i know. im in the process ov switching to mechanicals. but for the time being i find they slip when i try to stall or pogo

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:39 Quote
well what would you guys suggest I get?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:41 Quote
bb 5 bb7 hayes nine juicy 5 or 7 all oretty good brakes or maybe a code 5???

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:43 Quote
i wouldnt suggest avid in general. had bad experiences with them. hayes are nice. like i said the HFX MAG's im riding are really nice

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:48 Quote
trailer wrote:
i wouldnt suggest avid in general. had bad experiences with them. hayes are nice. like i said the HFX MAG's im riding are really nice
avid so dope, it's cheaper and better than hayes

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:49 Quote
FLOW-RIDER wrote:
trailer wrote:
avid so dope, it's cheaper and better than hayes

im just speaking from personal experiences

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:57 Quote
i head used juicy 3's for DH,but they fade quick and the levers where all the way to the bars.They are not bad but they are not that great for DH/FR use.For Xc they are very good brakes non the less.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 13:59 Quote
trekrules wrote:
i head used juicy 3's for DH,but they fade quick and the levers where all the way to the bars.They are not bad but they are not that great for DH/FR use.For Xc they are very good brakes non the less.
what do you mean by fade?

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 14:02 Quote
FLOW-RIDER wrote:
trekrules wrote:

the stopping power slowly decreases over time. and thats what i have experienced as well.

i would look in the new Hayes Strokers. i have heard only good things about them.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 14:13 Quote
FLOW-RIDER wrote:
trekrules wrote:

Brake fade when they over heat,they doesn't give you enough stopping power in some fast/steep Downhills.They also doesn't have a banjo so the heat isn't drawn from the caliper.The disc's are getting realy realy hot from that.I head the same thing with the hayes brakes.The Juicy 3 isn't made for DH use,more XC/AM then DH.

Posted: Nov 17, 2007 at 14:15 Quote
Which brake is better for dj and a bit of freeride?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009953
Mobile Version of Website