Are Juicy 3's worth buying?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Are Juicy 3's worth buying?
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 4:55 Quote
Does anybody know what the Formula ORO K18 are like compared to the juicy 5 power and reliability wise?

Posted: Jul 24, 2008 at 5:02 Quote
tommymay wrote:
Does anybody know what the Formula ORO K18 are like compared to the juicy 5 power and reliability wise?
K18 is much better on both counts unless your talking crashes.....

Posted: Aug 5, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
Not gonna lie,buying a Juicy 3 was probably the best 80 Bucks ive ever spent.
The other day I rode with a few buddies of mine and one had a Juicy 5 and the other had a 7,so I just rode em and stopped alot and I could only tell the difference from the 7's,They were a little more powerful and quicker contact then the 3 and 5,but honestly 80 bucks and it was well worth buying, and I havent had one problem yet with them.

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 17:18 Quote
Depends on how much your willing to spend. I think the five's are worth the extra bucks because they are more versatile but if you want a low maintnaince DJ style brake it would be best to go with the mechanical BB7's. With the extra cash saved u can buy some more uprades later on

Posted: Aug 9, 2008 at 17:37 Quote
my freinds bb5's where more powerful then my juciy 3.'s.

my juciy 5 seem to be more powerful when soaking wet.:P

Posted: Aug 12, 2008 at 11:39 Quote
princeofthenorth wrote:
my freinds bb5's where more powerful then my juciy 3.'s.

my juciy 5 seem to be more powerful when soaking wet.:P
i wuz u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 16, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
This is an old thread but I came across it looking for a solution to a problem with Juicy 3's. My son bought a used bike with Hayes 9 on the rear and Juicy 3 on the front. It took awhile to get a decent bleed on the Juicy 3 (the hayes nine was easier), but even with a firm lever the Juicy 3's had no power. Bought some new Kool Stop pads and still no better. Then I found this thread, bought some Avid Sintered Metal pads and the brake is terrific now. So pads are definately the solution.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:15 Quote
glad i could help. Beer

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:19 Quote
TwistedBench wrote:
This is an old thread but I came across it looking for a solution to a problem with Juicy 3's. My son bought a used bike with Hayes 9 on the rear and Juicy 3 on the front. It took awhile to get a decent bleed on the Juicy 3 (the hayes nine was easier), but even with a firm lever the Juicy 3's had no power. Bought some new Kool Stop pads and still no better. Then I found this thread, bought some Avid Sintered Metal pads and the brake is terrific now. So pads are definately the solution.
Sintered metal eh? How much do these cost, I have the same problems you had.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:24 Quote
20 bucks a pair. any more and your bike shop's ripping you off. the package says it's for juicys (pardon the spelling) and bb7s.

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:28 Quote
sweet. My shop is gonna bleed my brakes and order in some new parts for me so I might put these in the order. Anything i should know?

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:34 Quote
other than the common sense don't-let-anyone-touch-or-get-any-amount-of-oil-on-your-rotors advice, no.

clean the rotors with rubbing alchohol before installing the new pads?

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 22:37 Quote
well ive got none of that. anything else I can use?

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 23:33 Quote
louiscritchie wrote:
well ive got none of that. anything else I can use?
brake cleaner

Posted: Aug 22, 2009 at 23:34 Quote
isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol (go for the 99% rather than 70%) are available in bottles from your local pharmacy or medicine section of your local store for 3 bucks or less.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.028903
Mobile Version of Website