Fox 40 problem help please!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox 40 problem help please!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Sep 27, 2009 at 17:07 Quote
Hello so i was out riding the whistler bike park all day yesterday and the fork was working amazing and then i hop on the fork today and it only moves 30-50mm before stoping and not going any further ive tryed problem sloving but cant figure it out help!

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 11:09 Quote
loosen off all your crown bolts/wheel bolts and check to make sure everything is lined up and retighten. If thats not the problem it could be a cartridge issue.

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 11:26 Quote
take out the damper and push it down to see if it still stops. if it keeps moving, then just put it back in the fork and take out the spring and then put it in again. should work aftyer that

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 11:49 Quote
The problem is known as hydro-lock. Same thing happened to my Marzocchi on Sat.Send it for service/warranty. Good luck.

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 13:42 Quote
propatrol wrote:
The problem is known as hydro-lock. Same thing happened to my Marzocchi on Sat.Send it for service/warranty. Good luck.

It'd be pretty unlikely for this to happen on a 40, there isnt enough ( or shouldnt be ) oil in the cartridge or in the leg to get this to happen.

The suggestion of doing one leg at at time to determine the issue is a solid start.

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 14:26 Quote
ThatFoxGuy wrote:
propatrol wrote:

It'd be pretty unlikely for this to happen on a 40, there isnt enough ( or shouldnt be ) oil in the cartridge or in the leg to get this to happen.

The suggestion of doing one leg at at time to determine the issue is a solid start.

edit. Sounds expensive.

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
just take out the spring and then push down the fork with only the damper in it, and see if it still locks up. if it does, id change the oil or somkething

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 16:34 Quote
69-bottlerocker-69 wrote:
fixed ! thanks guys

how?

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 16:35 Quote
took it apart and started problem sloving

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 16:49 Quote
So what did you find?

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 17:46 Quote
yea what was wrong

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 18:31 Quote
no clue just took the springs out made sure the cartiarge was working put it back together and works fine

Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 19:28 Quote
no clue just took the springs out made sure the cartiarge was working put it back together and works fine

thats wierd, but my 40 was making a wierd clicking noise about halfway through the stravel and an annoying squeek in the last 2 inches, so i just took of the lowers and put them back on, and no more squeeking and clicking for me Big Grin

O+
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 at 19:53 Quote
d-bax wrote:

thats wierd, but my 40 was making a wierd clicking noise about halfway through the stravel and an annoying squeek in the last 2 inches, so i just took of the lowers and put them back on, and no more squeeking and clicking for me Big Grin

That clicking sound is your spring, as it compresses it can deflect off the inside o f the stantions,

I am thinking that you guys might need to be up on your maintenence a tad more though.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011221
Mobile Version of Website