Jeep Cherokee help

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Jeep Cherokee help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 21:12 Quote
I have a blown head gasket, It is the one between the block and the cylender head. The jeep is a 1992 cherokee with 4.0 liter straight six. I need to find a new gasket online for not too much.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 10:05 Quote
your best bet would be to go to a auto parts store, or your Dodge Dealership. It might be a little extra money, but you`ll be sure to get the right one. and a warrenty!

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:28 Quote
Lordoc or something of the sort. Or even maybe summitracing.net ... owever make sure you get new head bolts too other wise your going to have problems cause they stretch to a torque and when you take em out they dont work the same as the first time round. Always best to get new ones.

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 18:45 Quote
therealblinky wrote:
your best bet would be to go to a auto parts store, or your Dodge Dealership. It might be a little extra money, but you`ll be sure to get the right one. and a warrenty!

gaskets don't come with warranty's. once you open it, its yours.

just go to your local auto parts store and say "i need a head gasket for a 92 jeep cherokee with the 4.0 straight 6 in it"

make sure you clean where the gasket sits on the block and head good before you install it. and torque it down right.

or buy this from summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/FEL-9076PT-1/

you might wanna get a valve cover gasket too. and you don't really need new bolts...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 22:54 Quote
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
therealblinky wrote:

just go to your local auto parts store and say "i need a head gasket for a 92 jeep cherokee with the 4.0 straight 6 in it"

make sure you clean where the gasket sits on the block and head good before you install it. and torque it down right.

you might wanna get a valve cover gasket too. and you don't really need new bolts...

Like i said summit. however getting bolts is a good idea. They stretch at a certain torque. Theyre designed to. When they come un done they stay stretched and are thus weaker when reinstalled. You dont need them but its a damn good idea.

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 11:45 Quote
hrdbiker wrote:
smallkinehawaiian wrote:
therealblinky wrote:

Like i said summit. however getting bolts is a good idea. They stretch at a certain torque. Theyre designed to. When they come un done they stay stretched and are thus weaker when reinstalled. You dont need them but its a damn good idea.
Bolts are good for two usses, after that they should be re placed as well as the retaping the block.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013328
Mobile Version of Website