2009/2010 INDOOR 4X RACE SERIES in ABBOTSFORD

PB Forum :: Canada - West
2009/2010 INDOOR 4X RACE SERIES in ABBOTSFORD
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 at 22:33 Quote
Hey everyone,

The 2009/2010 Abbotsford Indoor BMX and 4X race season is nearly upon us!

Abbotsford BMX Indoor will be opening their doors for racing November 11/2009. The track will be located in the Abbotsford Agri Barn at

32470 Haida Drive
Abbotsford, BC

They will be building the track on November 10th, so if you can spare some time to help build, please come out!

Here is a link to the BMX and 4X Schedule, as well as a link to the Abbotsford BMX Facebook Page.

http://www.abbotsfordbmx.ca/Files/2009-2010%20Indoor%20Schedule.pdf

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=5919401540

Last year was awesome with great prizes and some top notch racing from all classes.
photo

Come early on the practice nights as I will be shooting at the Practice Nights, and if I can, I will try and shoot in-between my Races on race nights.
photo

If you have any questions feel free to Pm me, or get in touch with the race organizers at -

Tel: 604-308-2291 or

E-mail: info@abbotsfordbmx.ca

photo

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:12 Quote
hay man!
im more of a dh kind of guy
sorry!

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 7:47 Quote
I will be there for sure

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 8:34 Quote
i only have my big bike Frown sorry bro...

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 13:08 Quote
if u pay for me to go from north carolina in america then ya

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 14:57 Quote
ill go if my bike co-operates....

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 15:11 Quote
i dont see why not how much it gunna coast

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 18:33 Quote
ill be there later on in season. Bike not ready

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 20:47 Quote
Sorry, i'm not much of a racer, and i probably wont be able to get to abbotsford

Posted: Sep 30, 2009 at 21:11 Quote
this should be a sick series this year haha

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 at 9:01 Quote
super fun place to be during the shity weather so stoked !

O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 at 17:15 Quote
Holy Shnikies!! Is it already time for the Indoor 4x Season?! Cool Beans!!

http://www.pipelinebikepark.com/index.php?categoryid=8&p2_articleid=43

The 2009 - 2010 Pipeline Indoor schedule is up online and just like last year, includes a special set of Practice nights for Pipeline Members to ride the Abby track and practice up for the next race.
The race night is going to stay on as Tuesday to open up the week for more practice.
There are 7 races in total for the indoor season and 8 practice nights where 4x racers participating in the series to come and ride. You must be a Pipeline Member, or UCI Licence holder to compete or practice at the Abbotsford track.
2009-2010 Pipeline Indoor Schedule:
Nov 12 - Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm Nov 17 - Pipeline Indoor 4x #1, Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pmNov 19 - Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm Nov 24 – Pipeline Indoor 4X #2, Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Nov 26 - Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pmDec 1 – Pipeline Indoor 4X #3, Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Dec 3 - Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm Jan 19 – Pipeline Indoor 4X #4, DOUBLE POINTS!! Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Jan 21 – Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm
Jan 26 – Pipeline Indoor 4X #5, Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Jan 28 – Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm
Feb 2 – Pipeline Night 4X #6, Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Feb 4 – Practice Night, 4:00pm – 9:00 pm
Feb 9 - Pipeline Indoor 4x #7, FINALS Practice and Reg till 7:30, Race at 8:10pm
Now the important stuff. Please review all the race notes before signing up. There are a lot of questions that can be answered here:
1) 2009 LICENCES APPLY!!! If you haven't gotten your CCA/UCI/CYCLING BC licence, or annual Pipeline Club Membership, this would be the place to snag a new one. Pipeline Membership - $35 for new members, $30 for existing members
Two Year 2009-2010 Membership (Pro Rated and req for the full Indoor 4x season): $60
Pipeline Membership (Assoc Membership - if you're part of another club) - $10 (per year)
Pipeline Membership if you have a full UCI Licence - $2 (per year)

2) Rider Meeting is 8pm and the gate drops at 8:10, so if you're coming from downtown Vancouver, You should be able to get there before 7pm, giving you a ton of practice time before racing.

3) RANDOM GATE: The new UCI random gate has a similar call to the one in the last race, but the actually gate drop is randomized to prevent early starts & slingshots. If you think BMX racers have an advantage, think again. If you're used to the old gate start, PLEASE PRACTICE THE NEW GATE a few times before the race.

4)Elimination Rounds: The elimination tournament rounds will be listed on the wall by the finishline after the break. These will be updated with each round of eliminations. If you think you've been eliminated, please check the board to confirm.

5)BMX Safety rules apply. Full Face Helmets, Covered Arms (Jersey or pads), Covered Legs (Pants or pads) and gloves are required. If you don't have a full face, let us know. We may be able to help.

6) Races are held at Abbotsford Indoor BMX. Directions can be found HERE!

7) Race will be set up as a 3 moto mixed qualifier followed by elimination rounds, mains, and consolation rounds. This means you're guaranteed at least 3 races per entry.

Cool There are 5 official classes: Pro, Lites, Open, Women, and Juniors. This may change depending on how many entries we have. If you're under 12, new to the sport, or whatever, Don't Worry! We'll have a competitive, yet fun class for you. Series Points will be based on your class, not who you end up racing.

9) PLEASE BRING A NUMBER PLATE. We'll have extras, but if you can bring your own, that would be great. Thanks!

10) Riders who sign up for a Pipeline Membership can only practice at the Abbotsford Indoor on the Tuesdays and Thursdays we have the track reserved. If you want to ride more at this awesome venue, please support your local track and buy a full membership. Special rates apply for 09 AND 10 memberships.

11) Be Safe out there! Block passes and lane changes get really tight when the racing goes in-door. If you're racing Pro, the racing will be tight, but no one out there is racing to take anyone down. Don't take it personal if you get run high or blocked, you just got caught in a bad spot. Shake hands across the line, and please speak to the organizer if you feel your claim deserves a protest.

12) 4x Bike Requirements: Bike MUST conform to TWO of the following: 26” Wheels, Front Suspension, or Shifting Gears. 4x is a sport ridden on mountain bikes. Try and keep your bike looking and riding like one.

13) Points Breakdown is as follows:
1st Place - 6 pts
2nd Place - 4 pts
3rd Place - 3 pts
4th Place - 2 pts
5th Place - 2 pts
>6th Place - 1 pt

14) To qualify for the Season End Points Awards, you must race in at least 3 races AND the Finals.

* Everyone who shows up to the race gets at least 1 point, so even if you're not a contender for the title, it's still worth hitting all the races to gather points towards the final. We also award the same points for 4th and 5th to award the rider who worked their butt off to win the consolation round. If you don't make the main, it's still worth the effort.

15) NEW RULE!! - There will be mandatory upgrades for riders who consistently did well in their respective classes. No sandbagging allowed! Rider list for mandatory upgrades will come in the next few weeks.

Race Fees:
Pro - $15 per race ($5 goes back into the pro purse)
4X Lites - $12 per race
Open Women - $12 per race
Open Men - $12 per race
Junior - $12 per race
Practice - $5 per sesh

Any Questions? Hit us up at info@pipelinebikepark.com.

Posted: Oct 8, 2009 at 13:33 Quote
would 24 inch nikes be able to race?? oh an are you grouped by siill or age?

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017103
Mobile Version of Website