Tires for 4X racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tires for 4X racing
Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 14:16 Quote
Posted on another forum... it was getting off topic (because i asked what tires should i run) so i posted a link
Jose-David-DH wrote:
NWray wrote:
DynamicQ wrote:

High rollers have one of the most amazing side knobs!Even lopes used the same knobs when designed his Bling blings.

if only the high roller ss came in a thinner sizeReally Mad
found the tires for 4X racing forum
whats the thinnest high roller ss?

Posted: Nov 3, 2009 at 14:19 Quote
maxxis lastern tt, kenda small block 8, DMR moto diggers, all good chose for hard packed

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
if theres anybody who has run the kenda small block 8, and the larsen tt's...which one did you thing was better for hardpack and dry tracks?

Posted: Dec 24, 2009 at 10:11 Quote
also i was thinking of running nobbly tire up front but i was wondering how fast continental speed kings roll..?

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 20:22 Quote
nobby nic for sure

O+
Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 20:40 Quote
maxxis cross mark are best!Cook

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 20:49 Quote
For my new build I got a maxxis crossmark 2.2 rear and minion dhf 2.35 rear. The crossmark looks wider than the minion and they seem to be pretty equal in weight (wish my scale wasnt broken.

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 20:53 Quote
isn't that too wide for 4X?... i have 1,9 high rollers and IMO they have enough traction

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 20:57 Quote
I'll find out Razz But its not strictly a 4x bike so i want a little width in the front.

Posted: Dec 28, 2009 at 21:06 Quote
actually my 4X bike is also my street/dj bike... nothing too hard, just 180's, manuals, and i'm trying to do footplants (now i don't crash, my shins are happy and my pedals are clean tup )

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 8:38 Quote
hardpack - bontrager xr1 team issues, would recommend a standard xr1 for the back rather than the team issue version as its thicker and wont pinch as easily, still super light tyres though and pick up well on the loose stuff too!

rougher tracks - 2.1 xc high rollers, cheap if you dont get the 'exception' model, work pretty well on the looser stuff. I just run one on the front and a bonty xr1 on the back. Bontrager's XR2, XR4 and ACX tyres all look promising though.

mud tyres - I use either a pair of bontrager mud x tyres, or a mud x on the front and a xc high roller on the rear. the mud x tyres are awesome, quite surprised with all the bontrager tyres ive tried a you dont see a lot of people using them!

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 13:19 Quote
Larsen tt, small block 8 2.35, dmr moto diggers. Intense system 2 in the rear system 4 up front

Posted: Dec 29, 2009 at 13:25 Quote
Im running a 2.1 crossmark up front and a 2.0 larsen tt in the rear.

Very fast rolling and not to bad for grip.

The Bontrager XR1 Team Issue Role and Grip very well!! Only reason im not running them is they puncture very easily.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.101899
Mobile Version of Website