BMX General Discussion/Quick Question Thread V3.5

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
BMX General Discussion/Quick Question Thread V3.5
Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 5:38 Quote
ebo421 wrote:
yeah i always regret buildinga 26. its not easy for me to just build a new bike like these lucky 14 year olds. i gotta pay rent and phone bill and food and save. luckily i traded my 26 for a bmx and then slowly build it up. now its damn nice.
yeah been working as a bin man in the 6 month gap before i go back to college so getting the cash to build one is avaliable although damn getting up at 4:00 am isn't fun Wink

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 5:41 Quote
Allen-0 wrote:
ebo421 wrote:
yeah i always regret buildinga 26. its not easy for me to just build a new bike like these lucky 14 year olds. i gotta pay rent and phone bill and food and save. luckily i traded my 26 for a bmx and then slowly build it up. now its damn nice.
yeah been working as a bin man in the 6 month gap before i go back to college so getting the cash to build one is avaliable although damn getting up at 4:00 am isn't fun Wink
hahaha ill switch you. i gt up at 6am every day. i can do 2 more hours. for me its working 12-9 that kills me

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
Allen-0 wrote:
ebo421 wrote:

omgomgomgomgogm i get up at 4am for work too we're omgomg BFFAEAEAEAE

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
Allen-0 wrote:
ebo421 wrote:

omgomgomgomgogm i get up at 4am for work too we're omgomg BFFAEAEAEAE
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.topcultured.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/internet-high-five.jpgHaha sweet, I saw one of your videos where you rode into a kid and you were riding a mtb, do you prefer the change and how long does it take to get comfortable doing bigger stuff on a smaller bike?

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
oh man it only took me like a day to get used to it, the deciding factor for me was if i could hop as high and drop as far on a bmx as i could on a mtb easily, first week of riding my friends bmx i went and re-did this mid bar heigh fence hop to flat that i had done on a mtb the same month i switched

photo

and then at that point i decided to get a bmx. i found it super easy to become a natural feeling.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 10:18 Quote
ianfleming wrote:
oh man it only took me like a day to get used to it, the deciding factor for me was if i could hop as high and drop as far on a bmx as i could on a mtb easily, first week of riding my friends bmx i went and re-did this mid bar heigh fence hop to flat that i had done on a mtb the same month i switched

photo

and then at that point i decided to get a bmx. i found it super easy to become a natural feeling.
sweet man sounds good want my mothership even more now Razz

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 10:46 Quote
[/Quote]tup wish i had built a bmx instead of my 24, took me 3 years to realise the error of my ways lol . Getting the burgandy mother ship with polished g sport hubs and everything else black.[/Quote]

aha thats what im goign for now, gunna get a loosefer in burgundy but if i cant find one ill get a t-1 hickerson. all black and burgundy will look sweet, i gotta add a bit of colour to my bike lol

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:23 Quote
Are the cult dehart tyres any good?

I'm in need of decent tyres that last more than a week

Btw I had ody plyths

Thanks

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:24 Quote
i like wtp grippins but i wanna.get some deharts too haha

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:24 Quote
Animal GLH Front Animal ASM Rear

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:49 Quote
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:
24mm Fit cranks are coming out soon, WHAT THE f*ck?

speak.
since fits are so weak they had to beefen up the spindles so they dont break. just ayin

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:55 Quote
streetrider709 wrote:
maxwilliamsbmx wrote:
24mm Fit cranks are coming out soon, WHAT THE f*ck?

speak.
since fits are so weak they had to beefen up the spindles so they dont break. just ayin

Plus you have to buy their BB to fit a 24mm spindle, unless somebody else came out with one and I missed it. Just like Guerra frames with their goofy BB.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:59 Quote
Euro BB with 24mm spindle would be terrible, even on a mid that's going to be a small bearing.

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 12:00 Quote
I think I might get them later
Big Grin

Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 12:03 Quote
I would like to see how long a spanish 24mm bb would last

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.042887
Mobile Version of Website