Cannondale vs. Specialized

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Cannondale vs. Specialized
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 8:44 Quote
Okay guys. I've almost got enough scratch to put a new ride on lay-a-way over winter then I should be able to get it by spring. My LBS is having a pretty ridiculous sale right now so I have a few options but my indecision is totally based on parts spec. The specialized SX trail is sexy as hell, has a very decent spec but comes with a bloody Domain. I've heard nothing good about these forks. Not to mention of course that it has Specialized's proprietary suspension design that has been proven.

The Cannondale's parts spec is not terrible but comes with a totem, an entirely beefier fork (seal issues aside, I've been told that once replaced the seals work fine). This bike also costs about 300 less.

My last option is spending 150 bucks more and getting the demo 7. It comes with a sick spec and a totem, but is heavy as hell and I'm not sure but I don't think I could even put a front derailer on it. Is the demo Hammerschmidt compatible? Not that I really want to spend the 600 dollars.

I will use this bike for everything. I don't give a shit about the weight so much. I used to ride my old gemini everywhere and kicked even my cross country buddy's asses going uphill. I know how to pedal a bike.

Sorry for the ranting but lots of you guys are geeks and might be able to shed some light on this. And don't tell me the cannondale is just all out shit. I had one before and it was totally reliable and fun.

Posted: Oct 10, 2009 at 9:00 Quote
Get the sx and pay the shop a bit more to upgrade to the fork of your choice(probably only cost a couple hundred more)

a stock demo 7 isnt that much heavier then a stock sx trail(my 09 demo 8 sits at 40.4 lbs) and yes ive seen a demo with a hammerschmidt

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008326
Mobile Version of Website