Fork help

• Previous Page
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 15:27 Quote
i am thinking of geting an ns suburban but the ones i look at have forks i dont like but i do think x fusion velvets would be good because they are cheap and light some one is going to tell me to get a fox but i dont want to spend alot

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 15:31 Quote
Unless your buttery smooth don`t get the Velvet.I`m thinking a RockShox Argyle 409 or a Marzocchi 4X World Cup.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:18 Quote
dualslalom wrote:
Unless your buttery smooth don`t get the Velvet.I`m thinking a RockShox Argyle 409 or a Marzocchi 4X World Cup.
but the thing is i want to be able to aujust it like like some what quick i know that to ajust some forks you have to likt take them apart and stuff and arent argyles heavy

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:19 Quote
Don't get a Velvet

That's all I'll tell you.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:20 Quote
so you want a U-turn. you could go for a Pike. but my friend destroyed his Pike on his street bike, but other people run them without problem.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
yea maby but they are over priced but that could be the one

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:21 Quote
First of all, its a velvet, not velvets...one fork. Second, Velvets are NOT
good forks for jumping. Unless you are a flawless jumper that doesnt case or
thrash your bike, dont get one. I am mildly happy with mine.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
forks are expensive. want to be cheap buy a rockshox dart 1, that way your not wasting too much when you realize cheap forks are shit and will just break.

by the way, whats your budget?

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
konabum wrote:
dualslalom wrote:
but the thing is i want to be able to aujust it like like some what quick i know that to ajust some forks you have to likt take them apart and stuff and arent argyles heavy
The reality is that if you want to have a ton of adjustments, you've got to spend a buck. The argyle 318 has a decent compression adjust and the rebound at least works. If you're looking for light, you're going to be looking at a fox or a pike is apparently decent, but more expensive.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:23 Quote
i'll be the one to tell you man. wait and find a cheap fox, they last forever and are super buttery smooth. a 4X would be good too or a pike. if ur smooth mab a revealation. im not personally a fan of the argyle so... yeah get a Fox, you'll never want to ride another fork again.

check out like 07 or 08 fox vanillas cheap and strong. minimal adjustments so it wont break

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:24 Quote
i dont have one its just im gonna buy a bike and it comes with like dj3s witch i hate no mean to offend so it is what ever i want to save up to

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
konabum wrote:
i dont have one its just im gonna buy a bike and it comes with like dj3s witch i hate no mean to offend so it is what ever i want to save up to
Dont go spending a bunch of money on something you really
dont need. If it works then just ride it.

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:26 Quote
konabum wrote:
dualslalom wrote:

you spell retardly...maybe make it so I can understand you when you invite me to your thread.

Argyle isn't that heavy, a pike dual air is lighter though but more expensive and you have to lower it, or even a revolution...

Velvet if you smooth get it, or if your a weight weenie and don't mind buying another one.

Fox Float or Vanilla lowered burly but light, lots of $$$$

Marz DJ heavy as fvck not worth it imo, 4x good second choice

Mounitue GL2, lightest fork built for jumping....that excludes buying a freeride fork and lowering it

Rigid lighter then all of them...

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 17:28 Quote
im noting runing rigid and would defintley not consider my self smooth

Posted: Oct 12, 2009 at 20:13 Quote
Get on ebay and find a deal on a Fox Float. Velvet=Poo.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018630
Mobile Version of Website