Domain forks?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Domain forks?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:39 Quote
wat does everyone think of the rock shox domain forks i was thinking of getting some for my specialzed big hit3 06. any suggestions tips

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:40 Quote
The 318's are nice, cuz they have motion control. the 302's are rubbish.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:43 Quote
i was thinking of getting the 318is 180mm ones but i coulld get some manitou travis triples which do u think is best

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:45 Quote
ive got 302s
ther not bad

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:47 Quote
uky74 wrote:
i was thinking of getting the 318is 180mm ones but i coulld get some manitou travis triples which do u think is best

i haven't tried the travis triple, but I have been running the single-150 for two seasons. it's done very well by me so far, so i'd assume the triple would be an excellent choice. personally, i like the bighit with a triple clamp, so i'd go with the travis. but if you prefer SC, i highly doubt you'll be disappointed with the Domain 318 (NSMB gave that fork a great review)

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
where they they intrinsic ones or just the bog standard ones cos i can't find reviews for the triples anywhere

O+
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:01 Quote
domains are nice, but not for dh or anything rough brilliant for smooth flowy trails though

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:11 Quote
you don't want those forks, they're cheaply made, you'll break them. go all out and get the totem or some other brand

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:57 Quote
The domain isn't that weak of a fork, is it? Anyways, I prefer the internals of the Travis to the Domain, more progressive, smoother feel.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 11:59 Quote
definitly go with the travis tripples if you can get them. They're an amazingly smooth fork, they make my 36 feel like shit by comparison.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
I have a TPC+ Travis 203 Triple, it does feel very nice. Haven't tried a Domain yet, but my new bike has a Totem Coil... I'd rate the Travis Triple as almost as good.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 13:22 Quote
whitetux wrote:
domains are nice, but not for dh or anything rough brilliant for smooth flowy trails though

Agreed they flex to much for downhill, but they are great for big hucks very smooth and great for flow trails. you wouldnt be dissappointed if you got a pair

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 8:40 Quote
whitetux wrote:

Domains have nearly exactly the same internals as Boxxers so they are good for dh,

O+
Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 8:42 Quote
dhb7 wrote:
you don't want those forks, they're cheaply made, you'll break them. go all out and get the totem or some other brand

If u mean the travis, they are cheaply made, im with u... But if u mean domains 318, there not cheaply made because they are prodomidently made out of steel and they have boxxer internals so are very strong and can withstand alot of abuse.

Posted: Nov 26, 2007 at 8:48 Quote
I have a set of domain 302's and they are good but... When you buy them they are very soft and can top out very easily! [Very] So if you buy them - then change the fluid to a much thicker one and get a stiffer coil. Your local bike shop should do this for about £70. Once you have done that then they are very good. But im selling mine now because i need the money, i have not changed the coil on them yet though. £220 Wink

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017814
Mobile Version of Website