California Burritos

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
California Burritos
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 at 16:01 Quote
Its been a over a year since my last santanas burrito, I'm having withdrawal symptoms. I mean you can buy burritos in the UK but there just not the same. So have you got the definitive recipe for a California burrito? I had a google but thought I'd ask her as I know there are alot of Californian users. At least I still have kebabs and fish and chips mmmmmmhhh!!

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 9:36 Quote
I bet they are nowhere near as good as original Mexican Burritos.

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:07 Quote
hello! I am as close as you can get to being in mexico, without actually being there (thrice wins though). I live about 40 minutes north of the border, in California so i win and here it is... Big Grin

French fries, carne asada, cheese, sour cream, guac (optional), and pico de gallo (optional). Oh, and a tortilla haha

I have a killer recipe that i made for carne asada, so let me know if you want it. You can also get a California burrito "frito" which basically means, a california burrito chimichanga stle. Its delish! Hope this helps Smile

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:42 Quote
I bet its hard to get tortillas and guacamole in the UK huh?

Anyway, I´m sitting at work and that recipe kev211 is making me soooo hungry! Shit, half an hour more till lunch time.

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:46 Quote
haha, im definitely getting a burrito for lunch today Big Grin

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:48 Quote
haha bit of competition here, with a Mexican and American. Personally I find the American (texmex) different to authentic Mexican food. Not worse or better just different, like American or Italian pizza both nice but very different.

Yeah I sure, I would love a recipe. Message me if you like kev I wouldn't want your secret family recipe to get into wrong hands. Big Grin

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:49 Quote
oh its not a family recipe, and its not a secret. I created it on my own. And i dont mind letting other people use it. We dont really have "tex-mex" here in SoCal. Mostly legit Mexican food

ill get the recipe for you sometime today or tomorrow

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:53 Quote
thrice we can get both guacamole and tortilla in UK but as you can imagine its not as fresh as we can't grow avocado over here, but we import them probably from mexico, usa or maybe spain, italy or greece. Plus I think Mexican tortilla use a different flour to the UK tortilla. Enjoy your lunch guys.

Actually have you got any hot sauce recipe? Beer

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
i dont Frown sorry. maybe thrice does

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
yeah that'll be great kev whenever you have the time. Where is the best mexican cantina in socal. I have been to santana's plus some place in encinitas.

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 10:58 Quote
ooh theres a bunch of good places. Tonys jacal is a good sitdown place, and super sergios, elanas mexican food, and caliente are some of my favorites. ricos is good too

Posted: Oct 20, 2009 at 11:04 Quote
Thanks I'll be sure to check them out when I next visit that part of the world. Also thrice if you have and recipe let me know.

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 at 9:05 Quote
ands43 wrote:
Thanks I'll be sure to check them out when I next visit that part of the world. Also thrice if you have and recipe let me know.

Well for carne asada I just buy the raw stake, put it on the grill. Add some lemon and salt for the cooking (doesn´t need much more if its good quality steak). And my secret ingredient has always been the beer. A few drops of beer while its cooking and it should have an awesome taste. Oh and I almost forgot, while on the grill I put some pieces of onion on top. This works specially if you have a grill that can be closed. That beer pouring caught people by surprise while they had me in charge of a BBQ when I was living in L.A. for a summer. But everyone loved it.

I´ve never had a specific recipe for burritos, but the wacamole is a must for me. Beans are always good and some kind of habanero sauce.

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:19 Quote
thrice wrote:
ands43 wrote:

Well for carne asada I just buy the raw stake, put it on the grill. Add some lemon and salt for the cooking (doesn´t need much more if its good quality steak). And my secret ingredient has always been the beer. A few drops of beer while its cooking and it should have an awesome taste. Oh and I almost forgot, while on the grill I put some pieces of onion on top. This works specially if you have a grill that can be closed. That beer pouring caught people by surprise while they had me in charge of a BBQ when I was living in L.A. for a summer. But everyone loved it.

I´ve never had a specific recipe for burritos, but the wacamole is a must for me. Beans are always good and some kind of habanero sauce.

ya, thats good. i just mix cilantro, olive oil, garlic, onions, lemon, salt and pepper, and a little beer, with some sugar, and mix. Add the meat, and you're good to grill (24 hours later)

Posted: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:57 Quote
is 24 hours important i have read 1 to 4 hours? 24 hours equals more flavour.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010738
Mobile Version of Website