Saint rear mech REALLY loud

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Saint rear mech REALLY loud
| Next Page
Posted: Jun 24, 2012 at 14:16 Quote
dh-biker-in-the-waiting wrote:
just wait a bit longer for the new 2013 mechs to come out with the clutch in them, they should be silent

Anyone know what rear mech's which would be compatible with a M810 shifter?
Would all the shadow style SLX/XT/Saint mechs suffer from the same noisy design fault?

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 12:31 Quote
rscreen wrote:
dh-biker-in-the-waiting wrote:
just wait a bit longer for the new 2013 mechs to come out with the clutch in them, they should be silent

Anyone know what rear mech's which would be compatible with a M810 shifter?
Would all the shadow style SLX/XT/Saint mechs suffer from the same noisy design fault?

Eh, what noisy design fault?

Do you mean installation error user fault? instructions fail? Have these on 3 bikes, Giant Reign, Cove and a Supreme, no issues.

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 15:09 Quote
i'll add a video tomorrow.
I've taken the bike to my LBS (i didnt build or spec it, got it 2nd hand) as it i'm sure it can't be by design to be that noisy. looking at the install doc, everything seems fine. Unless the chain is too tight, pulling the mech back too strongly

Posted: Jun 25, 2012 at 16:08 Quote
rscreen wrote:
i'll add a video tomorrow.
I've taken the bike to my LBS (i didnt build or spec it, got it 2nd hand) as it i'm sure it can't be by design to be that noisy. looking at the install doc, everything seems fine. Unless the chain is too tight, pulling the mech back too strongly

Yeh cool. Sure its not bent? with the chain catching in the cage? like i say, i run these and not noticed and undue noise.

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 5:53 Quote
see video, bike is upside down on a table so not exact noise i hear all down trail. but unless its a swingarm / shock / wheel noise, it's likely to be the mech

Posted: Jun 27, 2012 at 14:11 Quote
Hi all, Im currently building my Commencal DH V3 Supreme from frame up, and i have a question. How the hell do i get the shifter cable sheath into the ferrule? I have tried every combination of pushing, twisting (throwing things at it)...any help would be much appreciated. BTW Im running a 2012 Saint shifter and rear mech.
Another question, does anyone have any handy links to getting the cable connected to the mech, i have had a look, but i dont want to screw it up and knacker the cable by cutting it too short etc.

Many Thanks guys.

Spyder

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015112
Mobile Version of Website