Race the Ranch 2010 news

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Race the Ranch 2010 news
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 at 15:09 Quote
The new course will be almost completely machine built with lots of rock, hips, a road gap, high speed and steep gnarl.

We are also bringing back DUAL SLALOM with a machine built side to side course with big berms and big air.

It will happen either in late May or early July. More on that later...

We will have vollies at each watering station keeping the track damp during practice.

We're working on getting a beer garden next to the finish line, and the finish line is now well within the dirt jump park. Complete with bleachers for spectators.

We also need a good announcer who knows dh racing. This person will be paid.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 19:14 Quote
whenever you need help, let us know. but just try hard to get the race in middle/late may, so the trail dosnt become silt again.

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 19:48 Quote
Thanks dude. A quick update though, we might back out of the double header thing and run the new dh course AND a dual slalom instead. There are a bunch of race organizers that want to put on a race next year and if we did a double then we'd be taking away from someone else.

The date doesn't matter as much this time around because we plan on having 6 vollies watering the course during practice. This year it was just me really watering a couple of sections. Plus, I'm hauling in dirt and rock so much more of the course will be firmer. But yes I agree earlier would be better.

O+
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 at 20:08 Quote
DrSanchez wrote:
Thanks dude. A quick update though, we might back out of the double header thing and run the new dh course AND a dual slalom instead. There are a bunch of race organizers that want to put on a race next year and if we did a double then we'd be taking away from someone else.

The date doesn't matter as much this time around because we plan on having 6 vollies watering the course during practice. This year it was just me really watering a couple of sections. Plus, I'm hauling in dirt and rock so much more of the course will be firmer. But yes I agree earlier would be better.
that sounds cool but for a double header thing i think the practice would have to run earlier and later in the day and start like friday morning and even with that it would be kindof hard to learn both tracks

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 at 7:04 Quote
There's no question the double header would have happened on a long weekend. It would not work on a regular weekend. But that's a moot point because the double is not happening now.

Most people are putting in too many practice runs anyway. This past race in June, there were some people putting in around 15+ runs on an easy course! That's just nutty. You should never need more than 5 runs on any course:
1. Walking inspection
2. Practice sections only, repeat each section
3. cruiser run, hitting your lines
4. faster run
5. heater run like it was a race run
6. another walking inspection

...and that's all you need.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010258
Mobile Version of Website