Race Face selling out to MEC

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Race Face selling out to MEC
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 10:27 Quote
I think Race Face really screwed up when they decided do deal through MEC. In my opinion they just srewed over every bike shop in Canada

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 10:57 Quote
From Race Face,

"Additionally, we are aware that some of you believe that MEC has an advantage versus other Canadian businesses because of their Co-Operative status. To further show our commitment to you, the IBD's, we will offer a specific discount to address this issue. Place a reasonably sized order with us and we will provide a further discount over and above any booking discounts. Call it the “level tax” discount. Details will be released shortly."

So shops will be able to order directly and receive it at the same cost as MEC.

Although I don't like the thought of MEC and RF dealings, there are too many hands that touch bike products from production to sales. Prices for parts are exceedingly high (in Canada at least) to the point many are turning to other sources...namely online dealers and away from lbs'. It was Lambert's decision to drop RF and I for one hope this is a change. I would much rather deal with shops that are able to order directly from a company and reduce costs.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 11:59 Quote
widowmaker wrote:
I think Race Face really screwed up when they decided do deal through MEC. In my opinion they just srewed over every bike shop in Canada

and every online shop has screwed over every bike shop.. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 at 15:30 Quote
knobzy wrote:
widowmaker wrote:

and every online shop has screwed over every bike shop.. WHATS THE DIFFERENCE?
Ya I guess

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007925
Mobile Version of Website