Freeriders Coalition

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Freeriders Coalition
O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2011 at 23:59 Quote
damn. road rash sucks! especially once it hardens up Confused

going up to northstar for a week and hitting up some secret trails and possibly some freeriding the days the park is closed? bringing up 2 gopros and possibly my cam so i mite get an edit thrown together if not at least some POV shots.

what do you guys think of all these new carbon DH bikes?
Not every rider is looking to eke out laps on a tired steed MS-Evil Rider Brook MacDonald will be running laps aboard the third version of the all carbon Evil Undead. Testing testing testing... Forgotten by many is how racing is the sharp end of the prototyping stick. If this carbon lay-up gets the nod from the racers look to see the Undead available to privateers in the near future.
Aaron Gwin s Carbon Fiber Trek Session 9.9 full story here http www.pinkbike.com news trek-session-carbon-9.9.html
There is something new at Specialized and it s painted all black...

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 0:06 Quote
The carbon V-10 has life time warranty (I would assume the others do to since carbon is fragile?) so why not for a race bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 11:00 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
The carbon V-10 has life time warranty (I would assume the others do to since carbon is fragile?) so why not for a race bike.
carbon is actually stronger i believe. as a freeride bike i would ride one unless i was factory because in a way freeriding can be more demanding on a bike than DH racing. but im thinkin about getting the carbon demo or the undead as my next bike.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 14:25 Quote
Its not the initial strength Im worried about,more after a crash and you slam that frame in some sharp rocks.
I wouldn't go for the undead as my friend who is suuuper slow and super shitty snapped the linkage on his revolt that resulted in the frame being 100% useless.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 20:48 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
Its not the initial strength Im worried about,more after a crash and you slam that frame in some sharp rocks.
I wouldn't go for the undead as my friend who is suuuper slow and super shitty snapped the linkage on his revolt that resulted in the frame being 100% useless.
Supposedly undead is way stronger. I think there's an article about it somewhere.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 20:49 Quote
rexbikes wrote:
c-bernier wrote:
Supposedly undead is way stronger. I think there's an article about it somewhere.
He snapped the linkage arm,not the frame its self.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 20:50 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
rexbikes wrote:
c-bernier wrote:
He snapped the linkage arm,not the frame its self.
Oh weird.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 20:51 Quote
Were you up at the western open this weekend?

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:05 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
Were you up at the western open this weekend?
Nope didn't have a ride. I hope I didn't move too dar back in the standings lol

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:10 Quote
Scariest thing I've ever ridden,that mountain is rowdy as f*ck!

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:25 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
Scariest thing I've ever ridden,that mountain is rowdy as f*ck!
Trails are super fun though haha. I was up there last year.

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:26 Quote
They don't know how to build lips though,and I found maybe 2 landings Confused

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:28 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
They don't know how to build lips though,and I found maybe 2 landings Confused
I liked the single track stuff up near the top though. Or is it still under snow this year?

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:32 Quote
no snow,it was brake bumped to hell though

Posted: Aug 8, 2011 at 22:37 Quote
c-bernier wrote:
no snow,it was brake bumped to hell though
Sounds horrible then.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.205451
Mobile Version of Website