Anyone else dislike the p. bikes?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone else dislike the p. bikes?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:47 Quote
If you elaborate I may let this topic stay. Otherwise I don't see this going anywhere useful.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:51 Quote
I just wanna see if anyone else has an opinion liek mine that they are ugle and nothing special

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:53 Quote
thefr1 wrote:
I just wanna see if anyone else has an opinion liek mine that they are ugle and nothing special

They look like any other street bike, I don't see anything wrong or amazing about them.

Chom,

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 19:58 Quote
i've seen a picture of a snapped P3 frame which i dont think is a big deal because i could only find 1

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:02 Quote
I dislike the cromo p. series frames because of the rediculous weight and because even though people have complained about it for years specialized refuses to do anything about the bb hieght, which is WAY to low.

On the other hand I do like the look if the aluminium frames, But they have their problems aswell( Even the long frame can have barspin clearance issues for some people). I also wish they were better specced for the price, Even the p.3 is lacking in areas(rims, cranks ect...).

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:04 Quote
i totally agree with you

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:07 Quote
i really hate how low the bb is, and like you said there pretty heavy, all in all they just feel awkward, i have never liked how they ride.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:08 Quote
well the frame for the chromo isn't really that heavy its mainly the DJ3 and plus thicker walls usually mean stronger frame right? also i dont get why low BB height is bad

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:08 Quote
ok i admit the p.series cromo are shit but u gotta admit the older p. series are amazing i think there like bullet proof. even norco copied them (that doesnt say much norco cant design a good bike if there lifes depended on it though). and yes they dont stand out much and they look pretty normal but they are great quality, have a natural feel for practicaly anyrider. and they can take a beating so i think that they are just a good all around bike

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:09 Quote
thefr1 wrote:
i totally agree with you

Don't get me wrong though they are good bikes. Quality wise they're on par with anything else out there. IMO they just have a few things to work out before I ever consider buying one.

Anyways would you care to elaborate what you dislike about them? Unless you have an actual reason( and no, thinking they're ugly doesn't count) then this thread is a little useless, not to mention you're bound to piss off someone on here who rides a p.series bike.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:09 Quote
it all depends on the welds, you can have inch think walls but if the weld isnt all the way through u just have usless weight:P

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:12 Quote
evanmott wrote:
ok i admit the p.series cromo are shit but u gotta admit the older p. series are amazing i think there like bullet proof. even norco copied them (that doesnt say much norco cant design a good bike if there lifes depended on it though). and yes they dont stand out much and they look pretty normal but they are great quality, have a natural feel for practicaly anyrider. and they can take a beating so i think that they are just a good all around bike

how did norco copy specialized's street/dj frame? as for the fullies, norco didnt copy specialized, they just took a very practical and well working design, and made it affordable while they were at itWink

also whats wrong with the new 08 chromo frames? ppl who bought them say there really good (except ofcourse the rims)

my p.2 aloy is working perfectly fine..perfect geo for dj, light strong and looks awsome...meh my personal opinoin

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010515
Mobile Version of Website