PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone else dislike the p. bikes?
Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:52 Quote
personally the bb is too low for me

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:55 Quote
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
evanmott wrote:
ustienny wrote:
Who the hell really cares? Seriously you people are more than a little bit sad. Arguing pointlessly over bikes shows how cool you really are.....
hey f*ck off buddy, we are having a discusion here and if you dont like it keep ur mouth shut.

somebody should make some sugestions and stop just critising to. ill start. Dropouts longer,better stock rims that dont crush after hitting two just, and bring back the aluminum

Why would you want longer dropouts? that would just add weight to a frame that's already to heavy(the p. cromo frame weighs ove 8lbs).

My sugestions would be higher bb, lighter weight and better spec for the money.
i meant on the older aluminum frame and what one ounce of steel to add an extra half inch is gunna make that much of a difference?

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 20:57 Quote
evanmott wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
evanmott wrote:
hey f*ck off buddy, we are having a discusion here and if you dont like it keep ur mouth shut.

somebody should make some sugestions and stop just critising to. ill start. Dropouts longer,better stock rims that dont crush after hitting two just, and bring back the aluminum

Why would you want longer dropouts? that would just add weight to a frame that's already to heavy(the p. cromo frame weighs ove 8lbs).

i meant on the older aluminum frame and what one ounce of steel to add an extra half inch is gunna make that much of a difference?

i dont see the point of making the drop-outs longer when u can just run a half-link chain.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
evanmott wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:

i dont see the point of making the drop-outs longer when u can just run a half-link chain.

cause its nice to be able to haveyour chain an extra link long incase you snap it then you dont need to buy a new one if u done carry spare links. i no my friend did that with his old bike which is nice for riding park

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:16 Quote
i would rather have my bike set up perfect and carry a master link, its not big enough to notice in your pocket, u keep one taped under my seat.

and besides if u have a bolt on axle and u just have an extra link in your chain then u need someone to have a wrench so u can move your wheel.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:18 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
i would rather have my bike set up perfect and carry a master link, its not big enough to notice in your pocket, u keep one taped under my seat.
really? i used to do that and i used it a few times but then the tape fell off one time and i was screwed i had to walk like an hour back from the skate park i felt like chukin my bike infront of a car

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:19 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
s-t-e-v-e wrote:
evanmott wrote:

are u serious? there really over 8lbs? wow i thought my dmr transition was heavy at 6.7lbs..

To be honest I havn't actualy seen that weight confirmed, but I have heard it quite a few times on more street specific forums. I'd say it's probably true though, atleast it would explain why even with a light build people still have alot of troulble getting them under 30lbs.

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:21 Quote
evanmott wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:
really? i used to do that and i used it a few times but then the tape fell off one time and i was screwed i had to walk like an hour back from the skate park i felt like chukin my bike infront of a car

i could see that being a pain, but most people have a wallet so just put one in there its not like there noticable

Posted: Nov 18, 2007 at 21:29 Quote
jeremygosse wrote:
evanmott wrote:
jeremygosse wrote:

i could see that being a pain, but most people have a wallet so just put one in there its not like there noticable
i no but it is a pain havin it in ur wallet, it would probably crack my visa an debit card just like when i put the stripped screw from my disk in my wallet to remind me to get another

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:02 Quote
Attention I think being as close to what you're riding on as possible is a good thing. My pedals don't hit the ground and being close to the jump only gives you greater influence on how you hit it and how high you can preload. If you had a 30 inch BB height you'd be the worst DJer ever. If they hit the ground then i could see it being an issue. As a proud owner and rider of an 07 P1 i can safely say that i have never hit my pedal on anything while DJing and all of my friends have noticed how much higher I go than them due largly to the low bottom bracket I'm sure. The BB's are definitely to low for anything outside of DJing and i would never ride one if i had a strong passion for street or park. Simply the best geometry for exactly what it's intended for... jumping. Low BB for maximum control and air, long cockpit for tricking, and short wheel base for maneuverability. As for the weight issue, i completely agree that they are too heavy in the cromo division, but the aluminum frames are probably SOME OF the best frames out there for the rider who souly loves to DJ.
bigquotes
Attention

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:02 Quote
i hate P bikes, no matter what you can never make them look good

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:07 Quote
umm u suck. and umm besoshort u rock we should go biking anyways i am also a proud owner of a 07 p.2 cromo the only problem i have with it is its super heavy but i dont notice sometimes cause im super super strong lol cough cough* anyways p bikes are good. ok im done leaving my comment. and i only posted a comment cause over msn "besoshort" made me read this i thought i should leave a comment while im hear even its pointless and stupid. anyways ttyl. and now i had to edit this cause i used "besoshorts" name/

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:08 Quote
jumpstyle wrote:
i hate P bikes, no matter what you can never make them look good
That's cause you're an egotistical biker I guess. I think you should be riding your bike, not gawking at it, but some people don;t like making sense!

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:12 Quote
I rode my friends' P2 for a week at the dirt jumps and foam pit, and it felt awkward. I mean, it was still fun and is a good bike and all, but it felt like the whole bike was angled upward. Like the front half felt waayyy too high. Maybe because I'm so used to a smaller hardtail, but I never got used to it and was afriad to try bigger stuff on it. It's all just preference, but it's not the bike I'd pick myself.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 16:18 Quote
the only p bike id get would be the 05 p3 i think that was a really good year for specialized.. the only year the hardrock was half bad n not all out xc and the frames for the bighits looked sick

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022552
Mobile Version of Website