Tyres for Downhill Racing

PB Forum :: Downhill
Tyres for Downhill Racing
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:45 Quote
maxxis minions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:47 Quote
rolling with the kenda nevegals in a 2.5 rear and 2.7 front combo myself, found them to perform great in all conditions, except sticky mud, they bog up pretty bad, but then again most non-mud-specific tires do.

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
https://ep4.pinkbike.org/photo/1586/thumbs/spbpic1586727.jpg

thats all i have right now...

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 23:03 Quote
sam111 wrote:
kenda nevegal tyers are the ones nathan renni uses Smile

Rennie is paid to ride Nevegal. You should see what tyre are one his secret bike in his secret garage.

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 23:08 Quote
i use wtb timberwolf 2.5 and i would trust them with my life. They always hook up.
http://www.cambriabike.com/Shopexd.asp?id=27599

Posted: Nov 19, 2007 at 23:11 Quote
motoxrider913 wrote:
i use wtb timberwolf 2.5 and i would trust them with my life. They always hook up.

I have a set of Timberwolves and the only tires that skate more are Gazzalodis. Michellin Comp 16, 28, 32, Nevegals, and Minion DHFs are all excellent tires.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 5:29 Quote
wet = wet scream for sure!!! saved my ass!
dry = Minnion f, highroller r. Sweet!

wet rocky trails = minnions!!!

I'm going to try the 2ply nevegals soon! Cant wait...

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 5:59 Quote
not a very common tyre but i use Continental digga's. i got that at cost price, i not sure how much they cost retail if they less or more than kenda's or maxxis.
But i love my contis! bets all round tyres i have had! i had a nevegal r/blue grove f before that that i now use as my off season tyres, i just put them back on the other day and i realised how much better the conti's are.
one race it rained the night before and made the course nice and muddy, but not wet enough for mud tyres and everyone else's tyres were clogging up! even the high rollers! and mine were good all the time!

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 10:10 Quote
I like runnning a 2.5 WTB Wierwolf up front and 2.4 WTB MotoRaptor in back. The Wierwolf is great for steering and the Motoraptor bites real good. Run em in both dry and wet conditions and they work great. The Wierwolfs are real good at sheading mud, and he Motoraptors are good but not quite as good as the wierwolfs. If you'r running in real dry conditions though I would put a wier in back also.

motoxrider913 wrote:

really? my friend rode them for a few months and I did for a few runs and we both didn't like them at all.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:44 Quote
I run a Maxxis DHR and a DHF, coming from a Nevegal and a Blue groove. I must say, Maxxis hook up a thousand times better than Kenda.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:48 Quote
Dry conditions: Maxxis Minion DHF 3c 2.5 (front and rear)
Wet conditions: Bontrager Big Earl 2.5 (front and rear)

They hook up so well it should be illegal.

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:51 Quote
HaggisOnABike wrote:
Intense tyres!

good call

Posted: Nov 20, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
maxxis minionssssssssssssssss 2.7

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 8:49 Quote
Wet season I normally run Michy comp 16's in front and either a highroller or another comp 16 in the rear depending on how muddy it is. Minion DHF front and rear dry conditions. Latter part of season got a Hutchinson Barracuda, most underrated Dh tire ever, it is the MX casing and slow rebound. Works amazingly well front and rear. This is my new snow tire of choice for the rear, and my new all season front tire. Rolls jus as fast as minion DHF's but seems to hold a line a little better. The center nobs are very tall compared to DHF's and the side luges are super agressive, the center nobs bite deep into terrain when the brakes are hammered, but it takes a bit more lean angle to get the side lugs to bite, perfect for people who like to drift.

Posted: Nov 21, 2007 at 9:04 Quote
Maxxis high rollers rock

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012539
Mobile Version of Website