PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 17:37 Quote
New drivetrain day

photo

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 10:12 Quote
Shts Broke

Welp, blew out the Monarch Plus RC3 shock on my '17 Bronson the other day. Blew the seals between the pos and neg air chambers. It only had 12 rides and about 50 miles on it. SRAM is warrantying it, but with a rebuild and not a new shock because they are out of stock. Wish me luck!

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
tgent wrote:
Shts Broke

Welp, blew out the Monarch Plus RC3 shock on my '17 Bronson the other day. Blew the seals between the pos and neg air chambers. It only had 12 rides and about 50 miles on it. SRAM is warrantying it, but with a rebuild and not a new shock because they are out of stock. Wish me luck!
buy a coil sell that when it comes back Wink

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 10:25 Quote
My new Bronson. Never ridden a SC or VPP before, but I'm stoked!
photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 11:22 Quote
tgent wrote:
Shts Broke

Happened to me to. Changed to a coil, and haven't regret that decision one bit.

O+
Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 11:47 Quote
larscha-nsfr wrote:

Same shock??? Wondering how many this has happened to, but I know in 2016 they were coming with Fox Float X's and switched to the Monarch Plus in 2017, so I doubt there are a ton of people with significant time on them yet.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 14:33 Quote
Saw this at my shop today. Poor guy cracked his front triangle, and Santa Cruz only had this color in his size.

Now this abomination has been born. Eek

photo

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 15:02 Quote
fredro wrote:
Saw this at my shop today. Poor guy cracked his front triangle, and Santa Cruz only had this color in his size.

photo
Good reason for a custom paint job

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
Double ring deore cranks on a carbon bronson.

Looks neat either way.

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 15:26 Quote
And stem spacers top it off....

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 17:41 Quote
Maybe it's not carbon?

Posted: Apr 6, 2017 at 21:20 Quote
rydelean wrote:
fredro wrote:

photo

Needs a green DVO

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 3:39 Quote
seraph wrote:
rydelean wrote:
fredro wrote:

photo

Needs a green DVO

Use some black decals from someone to cover up the pink, green DVO up front, would actually look pretty sick!

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 4:17 Quote
tgent wrote:
larscha-nsfr wrote:

Same shock??? Wondering how many this has happened to, but I know in 2016 they were coming with Fox Float X's and switched to the Monarch Plus in 2017, so I doubt there are a ton of people with significant time on them yet.

Yes, same shock. It's fixable, but the Scandinavian SRAM tech guy said it would almost cost as much as a new one to fix it, so opted for the coil as a replacement shock.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018954
Mobile Version of Website