PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 15:34 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
jack-sprogis wrote:
Don't quite understand that...

seraph wrote:
Get2Jaime wrote:

Not really, they are like marmite....you either like them or you dont! Needless to say I dont...!

I don't follow...

I think he's trying to say he doesn't like droppers.

What? Is that real?

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 15:47 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
jack-sprogis wrote:
Don't quite understand that...

seraph wrote:
Get2Jaime wrote:

Not really, they are like marmite....you either like them or you dont! Needless to say I dont...!

I don't follow...

I think he's trying to say he doesn't like droppers.

What language are you speaking?

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 17:32 Quote
What are tubes?

Posted: Sep 11, 2017 at 23:55 Quote
Get2Jaime wrote:
seraph wrote:
Frame-up build and no dropper post? Odd.

?? - they would be like marmite if you weren't the only person who doesn't like them Big Grin

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 6:55 Quote
billyno wrote:
Get2Jaime wrote:
seraph wrote:
Frame-up build and no dropper post? Odd.

?? - they would be like marmite if you weren't the only person who doesn't like them Big Grin

Clearly you're riding extremely technical trails all of the time so you really do benefit or perhaps you just have short legs and cant get over the back of your bike...! Dropper posts are not needed, they are preferred by some...however they really do have minimal impact on enjoying the Santa Cruz experience, but then that's subjective also.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 7:21 Quote
Get2Jaime wrote:
billyno wrote:
Get2Jaime wrote:

Clearly you're riding extremely technical trails all of the time so you really do benefit or perhaps you just have short legs and cant get over the back of your bike...! Dropper posts are not needed, they are preferred by some...however they really do have minimal impact on enjoying the Santa Cruz experience, but then that's subjective also.

well that made my day

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 8:05 Quote
Get2Jaime wrote:
billyno wrote:
Get2Jaime wrote:

I have a 32" inseam so I don't have short legs by any means. I like to have my saddle down and out of the way no matter what kind of terrain I'm descending. I don't like feeling like I'm falling over the front of the bike when I'm going downhill. Plus if they seat's up, I can't go off any jumps.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 20:00 Quote
maxlombardy wrote:
I had one of those and rode it with both a 150 pike and a 140 diamond. Both were good, but if I had the choice I'd go for a 140 fork. Of course a2c is the measurement that really matters. There is some extensive discussion on the matter over on mtbr, most agree that an a2c of around 525-535 is kind of the sweet spot. IIRC a pike at 140 is 532mm.

Right on. Thanks for the insight.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 2:29 Quote
Hey guys, im looking at a Hightower LT. I usually ride medium bikes at 5'9, 31 inseam. Would a medium be ok with this bike? I suppose i could go large to with a short stem? But im coming from 650b process 153 so unsure.

Howd everyone size with there Hightower/LT?

cheers

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 7:28 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:
Hey guys, im looking at a Hightower LT. I usually ride medium bikes at 5'9, 31 inseam. Would a medium be ok with this bike? I suppose i could go large to with a short stem? But im coming from 650b process 153 so unsure.

cheers

At 5'9" with a 31" inseam, I would definitely go with the large, you have really long legs. I demoed a HT LT size XL and it was perfect for me, however I'm 6'2" with 32" inseam. As long as you can manage the reach the large will probably fit you better. IMO SC bikes are getting closer to average sizing but still run a little small. That being said, demo and choose what fits best, but I'd be surprised if it was anything but a large.

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 7:49 Quote
MattyPugh wrote:

cheers

If you can try and ride one. Or a regular hightower. The bigger wheels will make the bike seem bigger. Compare the numbers and if a med is close to what you had then go for it

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 10:59 Quote
In case it gets missed in the Nomad thread, here's my new Nomad build.
More pics in my album.
2017 Santa Cruz Nomad Photo Credit Petri Miniotas

Posted: Sep 18, 2017 at 12:15 Quote

LT is amazing!

Also got this started today!
photo

Will get some better pics once invisi'd

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025357
Mobile Version of Website