show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
jtm12090 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Also why have a bronson with an 11-6 and a N4? the nomad climbs well enough that you could just sell the bronson and get a 5010 for dedicated trail riding.

Honestly? Because I can. I have had the Bronson for two years now so I could go either way on it. Have not been able to ride the Nomad yet, I snapped my Tibia in half two days after I bought it in a freak skiing accident.

f*ck skiing.
After i started riding the hightower, i thought id still use the bronson for certain things, but i honestly have not touched it a single time, been letting my brother ride it. I think after he buys his own bike, i may run DH gearing on it and just use it as a slopestyle bike lol

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 16:25 Quote
sosburn wrote:
jtm12090 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Also why have a bronson with an 11-6 and a N4? the nomad climbs well enough that you could just sell the bronson and get a 5010 for dedicated trail riding.

Honestly? Because I can. I have had the Bronson for two years now so I could go either way on it. Have not been able to ride the Nomad yet, I snapped my Tibia in half two days after I bought it in a freak skiing accident.

f*ck skiing.
After i started riding the hightower, i thought id still use the bronson for certain things, but i honestly have not touched it a single time, been letting my brother ride it. I think after he buys his own bike, i may run DH gearing on it and just use it as a slopestyle bike lol
If you want a slopestyle bike why not actually get a slopestlye bike. Ive tried before making a trail/am bike a slopebike and it somewhat works, but will never be anything close to what my p3, pslope, and trek ticket s is. If you sell your bronson you should be able to build a slope bike and have some cash lying around after that.

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 16:51 Quote
Get an old Blur 4X to keep it in the family. I had two and they're a blast.
photo
photo

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 18:39 Quote
Niko182 wrote:
sosburn wrote:
jtm12090 wrote:

f*ck skiing.
If you want a slopestyle bike why not actually get a slopestlye bike. Ive tried before making a trail/am bike a slopebike and it somewhat works, but will never be anything close to what my p3, pslope, and trek ticket s is. If you sell your bronson you should be able to build a slope bike and have some cash lying around after that.

I thought about selling it but building a full on slope bike takes away the ability to put regular gearing back on and having the gf ride it occasionally (Which she does).
It's also nice because over the last year, i've gone from a large Norco truax (400mm reach) to the large bronson (445mm reach) and now to an XL hightower which actually fits me great, riding the bronson for me now feels a lot more like a small bike that is easy to throw around.

seraph wrote:
photo
photo

Good idea but they're hard to find these days Frown
I remember seeing that white one in tam bikes on occasion back in the day

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 18:53 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

f*ck skiing.

I thought about selling it but building a full on slope bike takes away the ability to put regular gearing back on and having the gf ride it occasionally (Which she does).
It's also nice because over the last year, i've gone from a large Norco truax (400mm reach) to the large bronson (445mm reach) and now to an XL hightower which actually fits me great, riding the bronson for me now feels a lot more like a small bike that is easy to throw around.

seraph wrote:
photo
photo

I don't think I owned it while it was Tam Bikes. I had it when I worked at Mill Valley Cycleworks (same location though).

O+
Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 20:12 Quote
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:
Niko182 wrote:

seraph wrote:
photo
photo

I don't think I owned it while it was Tam Bikes. I had it when I worked at Mill Valley Cycleworks (same location though).
I scored one for a friend who wanted to start riding on a budget. It was beat but not cracked. Did a full rebuild and re spray. Sc factory had some decal kits. Came out like a nice little trail bike built mostly from my junk parts bin aside from some xt drive train. I think he upgraded the wheels and suspension by now.
4x before
4x after

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
sosburn wrote:
Niko182 wrote:
sosburn wrote:

f*ck skiing.

Throwing some regular gearing on a slope bike is pretty simple. I run the X01 7 Speed on my Ticket S and can easily switch it to an 11 speed if need be. and TBH you don't know whats easy to throw around until you ride a dirt jumper or slope bike with sub 400mm chainstays.

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/15475359/
(posted a link instead of the picture because its a trek and not a santa cruz, but just proof that you can simply run a DH cassette and even a 12 speed eagle cassette will fit on this)

Posted: Feb 14, 2018 at 23:47 Quote
scjeremy wrote:
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I scored one for a friend who wanted to start riding on a budget. It was beat but not cracked. Did a full rebuild and re spray. Sc factory had some decal kits. Came out like a nice little trail bike built mostly from my junk parts bin aside from some xt drive train. I think he upgraded the wheels and suspension by now.
4x before
4x after

That's just a regular Blur XC, not a Blur 4X. You can see that the 4X model has the headtube gusset.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 5:53 Quote
seraph wrote:
scjeremy wrote:
seraph wrote:

4x before
4x after

That's just a regular Blur XC, not a Blur 4X. You can see that the 4X model has the headtube gusset.

if you zoom in you can see the gussets, still a 4x

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 6:34 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
scjeremy wrote:

4x before
4x after

I do not see it, looks like a XC to me

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 7:50 Quote
Deffo looks like an xc to me but hey still a schweeet rebuild on the cheap

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
The modern day version of a Blur 4X is basically a 5010. Why not get one of those? The rear travel can be lowered down to about 100mm with a shorter shock and a shorter fork.

Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:31 Quote
photo

Summers coming, all checked over, time to ride at the weekend.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:39 Quote
christiaan wrote:
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

I do not see it, looks like a XC to me
The welds and gusset does look smaller than on SC archive website but they never made a blur xc or any blur other than the 4x with a straight top tube soooo. I’m going with 4x.

O+
Posted: Feb 15, 2018 at 8:49 Quote
mattygee020671 wrote:
photo

Summers coming, all checked over, time to ride at the weekend.

that LT is looking PRIME

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027780
Mobile Version of Website