show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 14:15 Quote
seraph wrote:
louevilcyclist wrote:
seraph wrote:

5010 replacement/update. Metric shock sizing is the only thing I know about it so far. Also same travel.

Glad I JUST bought my 5010 a few weeks ago..haha

I feel like the current 5010 is still relevant. I don't see how they could change it to make it better, really.

It is a really fun bike, metric not needed imho, maybe a bit lower stand over hight

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 14:17 Quote
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:
louevilcyclist wrote:

Glad I JUST bought my 5010 a few weeks ago..haha

I feel like the current 5010 is still relevant. I don't see how they could change it to make it better, really.

It is a really fun bike, metric not needed imho, maybe a bit lower stand over hight

Dunno, the standover on the large is awesome. 2" lower than my Spark.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 14:43 Quote
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:
seraph wrote:

It has certainly been fun so far. I'm not sure what all they would change either? Maybe allow for larger than 2.5 tires and metric I guess? They might tweak the geo but it feels pretty damn good as is.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 15:37 Quote
louevilcyclist wrote:
seraph wrote:
christiaan wrote:

It has certainly been fun so far. I'm not sure what all they would change either? Maybe allow for larger than 2.5 tires and metric I guess? They might tweak the geo but it feels pretty damn good as is.

Actually yeah, if they could make it so they fit 2.6" tires that would be pretty cool.

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:39 Quote
seraph wrote:
louevilcyclist wrote:
seraph wrote:

Actually yeah, if they could make it so they fit 2.6" tires that would be pretty cool.

They make that already it’s the Hightower

Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 16:43 Quote
dchill wrote:
seraph wrote:
louevilcyclist wrote:

They make that already it’s the Hightower

The Hightower is nothing like the 5010.

Posted: Mar 15, 2018 at 4:38 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:

First day of uplifts on the new Nomad... Definitely going to take another few spins to feel comfortable on it... Much more stable than the patrol, just need to get used to the higher seattube Big Grin

nice one dude.. cant wait mine done too Fab

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 11:55 Quote
photo
2014 Santa Cruz 5010 C FRAME ONLY

Guys, Santa Cruz is the shit! I had a small crack in the rear triangle of my V1 5010 as seen in pics above. I submitted a frame warranty claim on the SC website. Within 24 hours I was contacted by a customer service employee. He unfortunately informed me that they did not have the older gen triangles in stock anymore so they would not be able to replace it. However, he said he could set me up on a brand new 2018 frame! Pretty sweet, huh? Well it gets better.. not only did they set me up with a new frame but they even let me switch to a Bronson frame at no additional charge! Whaaat... I know, I still can't believe it either.

Anyway, I just wanted to shout out SC for the great customer service experience I had. They make awesome bikes and stand behind what they sell!

#santacruz4life

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 13:03 Quote
jramm0302 wrote:
photo

Guys, Santa Cruz is the shit! I had a small crack in the rear triangle of my V1 5010 as seen in pics above. I submitted a frame warranty claim on the SC website. Within 24 hours I was contacted by a customer service employee. He unfortunately informed me that they did not have the older gen triangles in stock anymore so they would not be able to replace it. However, he said he could set me up on a brand new 2018 frame! Pretty sweet, huh? Well it gets better.. not only did they set me up with a new frame but they even let me switch to a Bronson frame at no additional charge! Whaaat... I know, I still can't believe it either.

Anyway, I just wanted to shout out SC for the great customer service experience I had. They make awesome bikes and stand behind what they sell!

#santacruz4life

So you got a new frame, kept the old frame, and now you're trying to sell it (with it still cracked) for 1200 bucks? Hmm....

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 13:09 Quote
sosburn wrote:
jramm0302 wrote:
photo

#santacruz4life

So you got a new frame, kept the old frame, and now you're trying to sell it (with it still cracked) for 1200 bucks? Hmm....

Actually asking $1299.
I can’t get much for mine and it’s practically new

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 13:18 Quote
dchill wrote:
sosburn wrote:
jramm0302 wrote:
photo

#santacruz4life

Actually asking $1299.

I'm totally fine with buying cracked frames, but definitely not 1300 bucks for a 4 year old frame that hasn't been repaired. V2 bronsons from last year in my buysell are selling for 1400...

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 14:49 Quote
sosburn wrote:
dchill wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Actually asking $1299.

I'm totally fine with buying cracked frames, but definitely not 1300 bucks for a 4 year old frame that hasn't been repaired. V2 bronsons from last year in my buysell are selling for 1400...

Dont they make you cut the BB off and send it in?

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 14:54 Quote
jramm0302 wrote:
photo

#santacruz4life

My friend has gone through 3 warranty exchanges on a tallboy. He started in 2014 and upgraded to a newer tallboy every time. Last time they were out of the newest tallboys and gave him a Carbon for free. Definetly a great company. Also love the free bearings.

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 15:03 Quote
sosburn wrote:
dchill wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Actually asking $1299.

That frame sells for 1300 not cracked. Id ask like 650 bucks for it. When i cracked my ticket s, i got a new one to. I sold the frame for 280 bucks. Youll never get even close to 1300 for that frame.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021254
Mobile Version of Website