show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 15:05 Quote
So you got a new frame, kept the old frame, and now you're trying to sell it (with it still cracked) for 1200 bucks? Hmm....[/Quote]

Actually asking $1299.
I can’t get much for mine and it’s practically new[/Quote]

I'm totally fine with buying cracked frames, but definitely not 1300 bucks for a 4 year old frame that hasn't been repaired. V2 bronsons from last year in my buysell are selling for 1400...[/Quote]

Dont they make you cut the BB off and send it in?[/Quote]

They did not ask me to send the old frame back or anything like that.

In my post is says "Any Offer". Negotiating prices is what I do for a living..

Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 15:21 Quote
Work in property development then!

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 15:46 Quote
alexdesignz wrote:
sosburn wrote:
dchill wrote:

Actually asking $1299.
I can’t get much for mine and it’s practically new

I'm totally fine with buying cracked frames, but definitely not 1300 bucks for a 4 year old frame that hasn't been repaired. V2 bronsons from last year in my buysell are selling for 1400...

Dont they make you cut the BB off and send it in?

Last time i dealt with Willie, he just had me exchange the front triangle. They had the color i needed though.
A guy i know cracked his aluminum blur LT after like 10 years, and they just gave him a Nomad frame no questions asked though.

O+
Posted: Mar 16, 2018 at 19:10 Quote
sosburn wrote:
alexdesignz wrote:
sosburn wrote:

I'm totally fine with buying cracked frames, but definitely not 1300 bucks for a 4 year old frame that hasn't been repaired. V2 bronsons from last year in my buysell are selling for 1400...

Dont they make you cut the BB off and send it in?

Last time i dealt with Willie, he just had me exchange the front triangle. They had the color i needed though.
A guy i know cracked his aluminum blur LT after like 10 years, and they just gave him a Nomad frame no questions asked though.
I had to turn in my cracked rear triangle also. But +1 on the outstanding customer service. Easiest transaction ever.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 8:24 Quote
seraph wrote:
I have heard rumblings from SC's direction about something coming down the pipeline though, so I might wait until this summer before I decide.

So with the announcement of the new Blur XC do you think that was the rumblings or still thinking there will be updates to the 5010 or something different?

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 8:26 Quote
louevilcyclist wrote:
seraph wrote:
I have heard rumblings from SC's direction about something coming down the pipeline though, so I might wait until this summer before I decide.

So with the announcement of the new Blur XC do you think that was the rumblings or still thinking there will be updates to the 5010 or something different?

I'm thinking there might be a Blur LT or something along those lines.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 9:12 Quote
VPFree is coming back, guys!%!

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
Actually the Driver 8. It was so popular that they decided to bring it back.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
I thought v10>>>driver 8.

vp free or bullit redux would just be nomad 4.

seraph what makes you think blur lt instead of 5010? 5010 is very popular, i have a feeling it'll just be a 3rd gen version.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 10:18 Quote
sosburn wrote:

seraph what makes you think blur lt instead of 5010? 5010 is very popular, i have a feeling it'll just be a 3rd gen version.

Because of them bringing back the Blur name. You know they were bummed when they had to rename the Solo. I forsee the Blur LT replacing the 5010. Possibly Blur TR though. They like their throwback names.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 10:34 Quote
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Because of them bringing back the Blur name. You know they were bummed when they had to rename the Solo. I forsee the Blur LT replacing the 5010. Possibly Blur TR though. They like their throwback names.

Blur TR was so sick, i loved mine until i got a bronson, Solo was a good name though, it's like that bike is just designed for solo missions.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 10:55 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Blur TR was so sick, i loved mine until i got a bronson, Solo was a good name though, it's like that bike is just designed for solo missions.

Right, but they can't call it the Solo anymore. 5010 isn't as cool as Solo.

O+
Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 11:23 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:

Same here. Definitely appreciated the extra travel on the bronson but pedal strikes be dambed, nothing cornered like the trc. So much fun.

Posted: Mar 20, 2018 at 11:35 Quote
I just ordered the first 3 parts for my new build. Much excite Big Grin

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.067654
Mobile Version of Website