show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 21:28 Quote
Hello folks, need some suggestion here.
I’m 5’10, riding a 2018 Nomad large with stock 50 mm stem, the bike still kinda new for me, came from a 2016 Patrol medium(432 mm reach with 50 mm stem), felt a bit small on that bike.
So on the Nomad, I feel comfy on high speed stuff, but feel a bit long on slower and techy sections, seems hard to control the front wheel, looking to try shorter stem on it. Question is should I try 35mm or 40mm?
Thanks in advance.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 2:07 Quote
DK00 wrote:
I’m 5’10, riding a 2018 Nomad large with stock 50 mm stem, the bike still kinda new for me, came from a 2016 Patrol medium(432 mm reach with 50 mm stem), felt a bit small on that bike.
So on the Nomad, I feel comfy on high speed stuff, but feel a bit long on slower and techy sections, seems hard to control the front wheel, looking to try shorter stem on it. Question is should I try 35mm or 40mm?
Thanks in advance.

I'm 5'11" and I ride a large 5010 with a 35mm stem. For me it's a perfect setup. Honestly though, 5mm of stem length isn't going to make a huge difference. Just try whichever you want.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 8:50 Quote
seraph wrote:
DK00 wrote:
Thanks in advance.

I'm 5'11" and I ride a large 5010 with a 35mm stem. For me it's a perfect setup. Honestly though, 5mm of stem length isn't going to make a huge difference. Just try whichever you want.
I see. That’s what I thought too lol just wanna see what people are riding. Thanks a lot Wink

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 12:42 Quote
My Bronson.
After my first ride on my Bronson. Drool

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 14:25 Quote
Sick Bronson. We built one the other day that made me rethink my 5010 choice.
2019 Bronson CC XX1 Reserve I9 with Transfer and XX1 gold chain added on.

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 14:34 Quote
seraph wrote:
Sick Bronson. We built one the other day that made me rethink my 5010 choice.
2019 Bronson CC XX1 Reserve I9 with Transfer and XX1 gold chain added on.
Thanks! Still trying to decide if I should keep my 5010. I am very attached to it though. They're so sick!

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 14:37 Quote
I think what I might do for the winter is put some beefier tires on and see if it helps it feel a little more rugged on the trail. In the dry I love how poppy and shreddy it feels but the tires I currently run are a bit pinner for wet use.

Edit: speaking of, does anyone know if the 2.5 Maxxis WT tires will fit in a 5010? I have pretty good clearance on my 2.35 tires currently but I'm unsure how the WT characteristic changes the tread width.

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 5:28 Quote
seraph wrote:
I think what I might do for the winter is put some beefier tires on and see if it helps it feel a little more rugged on the trail. In the dry I love how poppy and shreddy it feels but the tires I currently run are a bit pinner for wet use.

Edit: speaking of, does anyone know if the 2.5 Maxxis WT tires will fit in a 5010? I have pretty good clearance on my 2.35 tires currently but I'm unsure how the WT characteristic changes the tread width.

I doubt it. I put a 2.4 Trail King on the back of mine and it barely has clearance with the VPP lower link. It's like road bike clearance.

photo
photo

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 15:17 Quote
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/p5pb16438693/p5pb16438693.jpg

O+
Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
seraph wrote:

haha i havent heard someone say pinner since high school.
what wheelset are you running? for marin stuff in the wet i thought a 2.4WT felt awesome on the rear (DHR), but this was on a bronson. still fits tho.

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 21:03 Quote
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

what wheelset are you running? for marin stuff in the wet i thought a 2.4WT felt awesome on the rear (DHR), but this was on a bronson. still fits tho.

I have 27mm inner asym Nextie rims.

Richwall wrote:

Here you go
photo

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 15:20 Quote
seraph wrote:
sosburn wrote:
seraph wrote:

I have 27mm inner asym Nextie rims.

Richwall wrote:

Here you go
photo

lovely build, but i'd say the frame is a bit small for you

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 20:31 Quote
Sorry haters, but they actually work pretty well tup

For Sale one rad bicycle

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 21:01 Quote
South Boundary - Taos, NM.

=D

photo

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2018 at 21:27 Quote
spaceofades wrote:
Sorry haters, but they actually work pretty well tup

For Sale one rad bicycle

photo

photo

looks good to me except for the purple levers. whats up with people trying to make purple work with tan nomads?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027652
Mobile Version of Website