show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 7:03 Quote
You are indeed not the first to tell me that the Saint is more powerful, or theoretically should be more powerful. But for me this was not the case, it could be related to the type of pads, the oil used or maybe even a problem, but anyway... I am now fully satisfied with Hope and Magura, and I know that Shimano make excellent brakes, reliable and easy to maintain. I still have XT M8000 on my fatbike, which works great even at -20 ° C.

I'm also an amateur trial rider, love doing some trial shits with ''normal'' bike, and Magura are awesome for that, so much precision. I now understand why Macaskill, Pilgrim, Clarkson, Wibmer and all others European trial riders use them.

And thankyou for that Trickstuff test diagram, very interesting to read

By the way, I'm new in Santa Cruz world Smile
Just bought an almost new used custom built Furtado CC (didnt find any 5010 like I wanted). Now waiting for my i9 wheels and I will post picture later. Had many 150-160mm bikes in the past, but now wanted to reduce the travel and ride something more agile as my next FS. A demo day with Santa Cruz convinced me Fab

Posted: Dec 6, 2018 at 14:27 Quote
Paradis6 wrote:
I now understand why Macaskill, Pilgrim, Clarkson, Wibmer and all others European trial riders use them.

They ride them because Shimano doesn't do the BR-M810 Saints anymore. Best trials brake there is. The BR-M820 isn't strong enough (material). I broke two of them on an up to rear, shearing it off at the post mount holes.

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 13:23 Quote
Cool photo! I like it. What do people usually call it: Brocken? or Blocksburg?

Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 7:14 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Cool photo! I like it. What do people usually call it: Brocken? or Blocksburg?

As it states in the picture it's the "Brocken". It's not very high at 1142m but enough to get tired when pedaling up, especially when it's freezing cold. Usually you can see the hotel that's right behind this rock but it was too foggy.

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 20:35 Quote
New Bike Day picture from a few weeks ago. Really loving this rig so far. Forgot to spin the cranks but Donald Trump is firing eye lasers on the chainstay
photo
photo

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 2:33 Quote
TBaggins wrote:
New Bike Day picture from a few weeks ago. Really loving this rig so far. Forgot to spin the cranks but Donald Trump is firing eye lasers on the chainstay
photo
photo

Whats that top wrap mate? Looks cool as f*ck

Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 6:17 Quote
mischieff wrote:
TBaggins wrote:

https://dyedbro.bigcartel.com/

O+
Posted: Dec 20, 2018 at 6:43 Quote
mischieff wrote:

Guy above me beat me to it. DYEDBro toptube downtube seatstay and chainstay protection; they called it the “Merica F Yeah” frame protectors. Don’t believe they’re still available.

Posted: Dec 21, 2018 at 7:24 Quote
Happy weekend everyone, keep shreddin Cool

photo

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 7:28 Quote
Today I mounted the Magic Mary Apex Addix Soft 29x2.6 on the front and the old MM 2.35 is on the rear now. Tomorrow I'll ride it for the first time. Can't await to see how the wider front tire performs in the wet.

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 20:42 Quote
Added some stuff to my Hightower LT. Got a lot goin' on...

photo

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 20:39 Quote
About 4-5 months later and I still love this thing. It’s surprising how well it handles chunky/rocky stuff! The only changes I’ve made so far are a Wolf Tooth LA dropper remote, 40mm Renthal Apex stem, a OneUp bash guard/chain guide, RaceFace Chester pedals and crank boots, and Invisiframe. It’s been rock-solid so far.

photo

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 11:11 Quote
photo
Two serious trail shredders!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021915
Mobile Version of Website