show off your Santa Cruz

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
show off your Santa Cruz
Author Message
Posted: May 24, 2019 at 5:26 Quote
831SCB wrote:

Getting back into riding, sold my free ride and slopestyle to get the 5010. Added dropper and fox 34 performance elite on the way anyday now.

Sweet bike! 5010s are such a blast!

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 10:28 Quote
\

Dry steeps from the other week, anyone else think the nomad is awkward in the steep corners?

Posted: May 26, 2019 at 23:45 Quote

Just wrapped up my custom Megatower

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 2:01 Quote
Sweet sweet sweet

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 10:04 Quote
i like the silver bits

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 10:07 Quote
sosburn wrote:
i like the silver bits

Thanks, was going for a more low key look for the bike. The silver decals look awesome in person, unfortunately metallic only translates so well to pictures

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
Squinned wrote:
sosburn wrote:
i like the silver bits

Thanks, was going for a more low key look for the bike. The silver decals look awesome in person, unfortunately metallic only translates so well to pictures

Looks great!!!!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 16:44 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
[]\

Dry steeps from the other week, anyone else think the nomad is awkward in the steep corners?

I agree, she's just heckin long. The secret is going way faster than you think you should and she'll firmly grasp it.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 3:24 Quote
ArchieDH wrote:
Dry steeps from the other week, anyone else think the nomad is awkward in the steep corners?
where's this this Bluebell murderer?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 9:21 Quote
How are the Megatower owners liking them? My hightower "LT" was stolen from my house last week and I'm about to get a check from my insurance company but I can't decide on the MT or getting a legit HTLT. I really like the geo numbers on the MT but I'm not sure about how I will like pedaling it around the flat trails in GA. I know I'll love it when I get up to the mountains. I ride 60% in Pisgah (rowdy af singletrack for those that don't know) and 40% in the flat land. Bottom line: how bad will it suck lugging the MT around on flat-ish trails compared to the HTLT?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 10:18 Quote
nicket8t wrote:
How are the Megatower owners liking them? My hightower "LT" was stolen from my house last week and I'm about to get a check from my insurance company but I can't decide on the MT or getting a legit HTLT. I really like the geo numbers on the MT but I'm not sure about how I will like pedaling it around the flat trails in GA. I know I'll love it when I get up to the mountains. I ride 60% in Pisgah (rowdy af singletrack for those that don't know) and 40% in the flat land. Bottom line: how bad will it suck lugging the MT around on flat-ish trails compared to the HTLT?

probably not too bad if you keep the shock from being fully open. the megatower sounds like a lot of bike even for pisgah tho, i feel like a htlt might be a better balance for you overall.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 11:09 Quote
Everyone I know that has ridden the MT has walked away disappointed, even at the local DH venue. It just isn't as fun as the HTLT or Nomad so far as I've been told. My boss was about to get one until he rode it, and legit did not enjoy it as much as a 153CR.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 11:25 Quote
Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to get the HTLT then wish I would have jumped up to the Mega. My HT"LT" was plenty of bike for what I ride and I don't hate pedaling it on flat land. I just wish it had a steeper seat tube angle. I might have to ride the MT just to see how it feels but I have a feeling I'll be going with the HTLT.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
nicket8t wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I don't want to get the HTLT then wish I would have jumped up to the Mega. My HT"LT" was plenty of bike for what I ride and I don't hate pedaling it on flat land. I just wish it had a steeper seat tube angle. I might have to ride the MT just to see how it feels but I have a feeling I'll be going with the HTLT.

if you’re set on steeper seat tube angle, get a bronson. i really like my hightower but it def doesnt feel as good as the bronson climbing, and doesnt corner nearly as well as the bronson.

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
I know we can get wrapped up in details, and I am the same when shopping, but honestly once I have the bike in the woods, I just ride. I don't think I would notice a degree or two of seat angle change. I live on the other side of Pisgah and have ridden there since the days of my old 2000 Superlight. We adapt. I am pleasantly surprised at how well my HTLT climbs and pedals compared to my TB. The HT is a whole more fun all the way round.

I too feel like the MT is a lot of bike for up there. The shop owner I deal with rides the last gen Bronson and 5010 up there a lot.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv14 0.014707
Mobile Version of Website